Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to store/organize kids clothing

florida1

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 7:54 pm
Right now I am storing my babys old clothes in big plastic buckets, but they are getting to be one to many and they take up her whole closet . The thing is that is the ONLY storage space available. We dont have a lot of closest or any garage where we live.
Is there any other alternitive to storing clothes? Something that takes up less space.

red sea

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 8:11 pm
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....4a602

ButterflyGarden

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 1:53 am
Roll them when you put them in the bucket. You could also Vacume pack them. You can by the bags at most home type stores like Bed Bath and Beyond.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....RN=51

raizy

Post Sun, Jun 11 2006, 10:40 pm
give them away. keep some good clothing to cherish and remember .but the rest give them away. to gamachs etc. because beleive u me u wont use them ever again. the stuff u use are always in circalation.from one kid to the next. but some stuff u hated to begin with . or it is old and worn. all of those that u dont use GIVE IT AWAY!!

having said that it is time for me to make my storage room presentable.and clean up all the old junk.

happyone

Post Sun, Jun 11 2006, 11:30 pm
I've learnt to only keep basics. Clothes that will go out of style, or are inexpensive, I give to g'machs, friends, or needy people. My closets finally have some breathing space.

ButterflyGarden

Post Mon, Jun 12 2006, 1:17 am
If this is your first or second child, don't give away your clothes. You may still need them.

raizy

Post Sun, Jun 18 2006, 2:33 am
the way I see it if I have anther boy the stuff will all be old and worn out anyways. and if I have a girl then the gap between my oldest girl and this kid will be over 7 yrs. so I just got ridof alot of old cloths. I gave it to a place where they sell or use everyone old garbage. it is better then a gemack because they are not so choisey if it is in perfect condition or not.

cl

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 9:34 am
if u want to keep them then the vacuum-suction bags take up the least space. I use see-thru plastic crates with lids and every 3 to 6m put another one away in my loft. most of DS stuff was in good condition so why shud I throw them out? im happy to let friends or relatives children use the stuff as well. if its a bit shapeless or just not my taste it goes to a charity shop, the only time I'll throw it out is if its ruined, ripped or stained.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 10:18 pm
I have 2 big buckets full and my oldest is not even 2 yet! Between the stuff I got for him and the baby, it's quite a lot...I try saving only things I'll reuse...especially with 2 boys close in age...who knows what the next will be I"YH?? But yes...it's hard to keep organized...gotta check out that other link.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry