Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken w/ rice recipe?

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 2:34 pm
I used to have a recipe for chicken and rice baked in one pan, but I lost that cookbook Sad .
It was something like- first put in rice, then lay chicken on top, sprinkle with onion soup mix, then pour a rich's whip on top. Anyone know of the exact recipe?
TIA!

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 2:54 pm
613 wrote:
I used to have a recipe for chicken and rice baked in one pan, but I lost that cookbook Sad .
It was something like- first put in rice, then lay chicken on top, sprinkle with onion soup mix, then pour a rich's whip on top. Anyone know of the exact recipe?
TIA!

Not so sure about the rich's whip on top
But mine is to spray the pan.. put rice (sorry ment not cooked rice aka dry) on the bottom of the pan. Chicken (without skin) on top of the rice.. does not have to be onion soup mix (can be any soup flavor) and pour boiling hot water to cover. Cover the entire thing and into the oven..

comes out yummy

Last edited by Mitzvahmom on Wed, Jun 28 2006, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 2:56 pm
I'll also take that recipe...I'm trying to get away from kugels for Shabos/yomtov.

cindy324

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 2:59 pm
I usually use boneless cutlets, put in about 2 cups rice, lay seasoned chicken pieces on top, pour enough water to cover, mix in some chicken soup powder into the whole thing and bake about 1 hour, check towards the end if it needs morre water.

hisorerus

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 3:11 pm
I just put rice in the pan, chicken pieces (with skin) on top, water to cover, and sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic. Like my DH says, chicken always tastes like chicken! Very Happy

gryp

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 7:48 pm
hisorerus Very Happy

ive been trying to make that recipe for years but the rice always comes out raw.
WHY??

Flowerchild

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 7:51 pm
hisorerus my hubby says the same thing

hisorerus

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 8:01 pm
GR- my best trick for the one-pan chicken and rice is to use a deeper pan, or I actually do it in an oven-safe pot. And checking it to make sure the water didn't all evaporate.

Lilly, my DH told me that truism only after I made a very complicated chicken recipe and begged for compliments. Wink Now I know not to waste the time.

realeez

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 8:02 pm
GR wrote:
hisorerus Very Happy

ive been trying to make that recipe for years but the rice always comes out raw.
WHY??

I find it needs to cook FOREVER!!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey