Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
I really need your help/advice.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 5:19 pm
My child is just over two. BH my child used to be a very happy child, playful and just all around full of joy, usually would sleep 10 - 12 hours at night. Then sukot time my child got pretty sick and since then life has been pure torture.

Nothing is happy for my child anymore. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is with a moan or a cry. There are no happy moments. Yes, if we go to the park or we find something fun to play with at home, there is a bit of a time of no moaning or crying, but I would say that most of the time spent at home is moaning time.

Anyone have any experience with this and have any advice? I literally want to either pull my hair out or do bad things to my child (I wont G-d forbid, but it is getting to the point of really really bad place in my mind)

Aidelmom

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 5:22 pm
I would get to a doctor ASAP. What was your child sick with?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 5:24 pm
Aidelmom wrote:
I would get to a doctor ASAP. What was your child sick with?
A bad cough.

mamommommy

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 5:37 pm
Your child can definitely still have some lingering discomfort from whatever ailed him/her over sukkos. Something like a cough can be associated with sore throat, earache, sinus pressure etc.. The first step is to go to a doctor and make sure that there is nothing still wrong. Trust your gut. If the doctor says everything is fine, but you really still have the feeling that something is wrong, then insist on further testing.

It's also possible that your child got a little "spoiled" when he/she was sick. It's perfectly normal to spoil a sick child, but some children will continue to moan and cry past the end of illness because they learned that it was a good way to get attention. If your doctor has given your child a clean bill of health then feel free to stick in some earplugs and ignore most of the whining.

smilethere

Post Thu, Oct 07 2010, 8:16 am
Without being sick (b"h) my 2.5 year old turned into such a whinging, moaning pain it irritates me so badly....
He can speak fluently and expressively, so I just try and remain calm and say - if you want to tell mummy something please say it with words.

I can cope with lots of things and hassle, and stay mega calm, but this just sets me up, makes me grit my teeth and count over and over till 10 so that I shouldn't yell. Sometimes I just sit on the couch and cry together with my kids.

The only helpful advice I keep being given by more experienced mothers is, 'It's called terrible two's and usually lasts until they're four'

Good luck for ideas.

bnm

Post Thu, Oct 07 2010, 8:38 am
he might still be sick. I got sick erev yom kippur and its still lingering-I spent the day in pajamas yesterday. take him to the dr.

he also might have started the terrible twos but you have to rule out first that he is sick.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics