Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Peeling skin on finger tips

amother

Post Thu, Oct 07 2010, 10:43 am
Anybody know what would be the cause of peeling skin on finger tips? My daughters finger tips keep peeling like she had a burn or something, the first time it happened I thought maybe she got a burn on a few finger tips and it was peeling now, but the scenario repeated itself 3 times and im kind of nervous why this would happen. She is underweight too which im thinking maybe has to do with it, or am I thinking too deep?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 07 2010, 11:21 am
OP, I am not a pediatrician, but I am a physician.
I don't mean to scare you but you should call your pediatrician immediately. Desqamination can be indicative of Kawasaki Disease in a young child.
I am obviously jumping very quickly to this - it could be nothing, but it could be very dangerous and you should get it checked out. It is worth the phone call- there are other symptoms as well, but you should call your doctor and not try to diagnose it here....
good luck

baschabad

Post Thu, Oct 07 2010, 1:11 pm
The previous poster had some very important things to say, but while I'm here anyway, I just thought I'd mention my own experience, not that I'm a toddler or anything...

Shortly after I got married I also developed a condition of peeling fingertips, and at its worst, my fingertips were red, painful and peeling, even around the sides of my fingers.
I finally went to the doctor who said it was fingertip eczema and prescribed cortizone. I never used it and tried to discover if it was a rash or reaction or some sort. I noticed that during a few week vacation to my in-laws, the condition improved, and then worsened when I returned.
I discovered that I was ALLERGIC TO WASHING DISHES!! For some reason, I would have reactions to dishsoap, and I tried many types! Now, I wash dishes wearing gloves and have no problems.

could it be that she is having a reaction to something that spends a lot of time on her hands, playdo, markers etc?

mashcsch

Post Thu, Oct 07 2010, 4:26 pm
Check for strep. That's what happened to my nephew. Dr. Took one look at his fingers, said it's strep and a throat culture confirmed it. Refuah shelaima.

willow

Post Fri, Oct 08 2010, 5:51 am
My father in law has this and attributes it to stress.``

amother

Post Fri, Oct 08 2010, 6:08 am
I had it when I was little. Nothing helped (tried creams) but I outgrew it B"H.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 08 2010, 7:48 am
I wouldnt freak out, my husbands fingertips peel once a year at the change of seasons
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics