Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Chicken Tips (cleaning and defrosting)

proudmom

Post Thu, Aug 05 2004, 5:40 pm
If you ever need to take the skin off of raw chicken the most easiest way to do it is like this. Take a paper towel, towel or even a shmate or whatever you want and use that to take the skin off the chicken. Try it, it works!!

Yael

Post Sun, Aug 08 2004, 11:23 am
another tip if you need to defrost chicken in a hurry, put it in a bowl of lukewarm water. it takes about 2 hours to fully defrost.
I dont know why it works but it does.

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, Aug 22 2004, 12:11 am
when I wanna defrost chicken in a hurry, I just run hot water over it in the sink for abour 20 minutes. it doesnt defrost completely, but it gets is soft enough to cut it, and then I let it cook for a little longer.

supermom

Post Mon, Sep 06 2004, 4:15 am
I have to agree with proudmom about the chicken it will works like magic, I hate skin it just grosses me out especially if I have to touch it

my1st

Post Tue, Sep 28 2004, 4:50 pm
Lukewarm or hot water for raw chicken is NOT GOOD! Rather put it in plastic bag into container of cold water. That helps much better. Warm/hot water cooks part of the chicken.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen