Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Major regression in a four year old

eschaya

Post Sat, Nov 06 2010, 9:51 pm
I don't know what to do. My four year old son was late to be trained, but b"h at 3 and a half he was fully there; not at night, but no issues during the day at all. Now, about 9 months later, he seems to have regressed. Over the past 3 weeks he has started wetting his underwear, and also having bowel movements in his underwear. We constantly remind him to go, have tried bribes, chart, threats, everything. Every time we remind him or practically coerce him to try he says he doesn't have to go, and often within 10 minutes he has an accident. Afterward it occurs he doesn't feel bad or anything at all. He just tries to give us hugs and completely ignores anything related to the accident. We don't have a new baby, and there are no major life changes that could have set this off. His morah had a baby, so he has a substitute morah, but I doubt that this is the cause, since he has weathered many more extreme changes in the past.
He had been an easy, happy baby and toddler, but over the past year and a half has become quite weepy and clingy, so I sometimes wonder if there could be a psychological issue involved. He is so little, though. I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for next week, and I'll definitely bring it up.
If any of you have had experience with this, and some advice, I would really appreciate it.

life'sgreat

Post Sat, Nov 06 2010, 10:40 pm
Is he less expressive as well? Could there be something happening in school/playgroup? A kid bullying him? I'd also rule out any physical issue with the doctor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training