Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Jury duty

smoms

Post Thu, Nov 18 2010, 2:26 pm
I've been called for jury duty a couple of times and have shlepped down with a copy of my youngest childs birth certificate...

I just saw this online that you can mail in the birth certificate for a postpoment. has anyone done this? is it the same as going down? http://www.courts.state.ny.us/.....giver

If You Are the Caregiver of a Child or Elderly Person

If you are the main caregiver of a child or elderly person, you may request a postponement by returning your completed questionnaire or summons, along with a copy of the birth certificate of your youngest child, or a doctor's note stating the condition of the person being cared for, and that you are the main caregiver of that person.

Unfortunately, if your summons or questionnaire is not filled out completely, it will not be possible to consider your application, and it will be returned to you.

Mail your completed summons with the appropriate documentation to:

The Kings County Clerk
Supreme Court Building
360 Adams Street - Room 156
Brooklyn, NY 11201

Sleep

Post Thu, Nov 18 2010, 3:25 pm
It worked for me! I called the number on the summons, dialed zero-and asked the operator if it's okay-she said it was fine-and haven't had any nasty letters since!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Nov 18 2010, 4:02 pm
I don't think so - I did jury duty this summer and people had to come down. Yu'll be dismissed by 11:30 if you're not serving, though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries