Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Skirts

TwinsMommy

Post Sat, Nov 27 2010, 9:22 pm
when toilet training your girls, do you take their skirts off every potty time and teach them to pull down their pants or tights and pullups or undies? Or do you teach them to hold up their skirts while pulling down their pants/tights? If it's potty time do you say-- ok, let me get your skirt off.... or what?

At home I have no prob letting her run around in just her stretch pants (we do those under skirts instead of tights since they're warmer and easier with socks/footbraces), so while learning at home she mostly won't be wearing skirts I guess.... but soon enough we'll be visiting the potty while we're out and about if we have any success at home (PLEASE GOD!) and many of her skirts aren't stretchy that we can just pull them down with the pants--- some are with buttons and belts and such.

I still don't know whether she's ready (does anyone here have any experience toilet training a child with very little feeling due to hypotonia/autonomic issues? she has NO idea when she's wet/dry) but it's time to push it a bit...

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 27 2010, 9:33 pm
We taught to pull down underwear, tights, pants... and to push up skirts and dresses. Dd was mostly wearing pants or tights at the time.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sat, Nov 27 2010, 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

TwinsMommy

Post Sat, Nov 27 2010, 9:37 pm
so while she's actually making she's only worried about holding the skirt up and not about holding it up at the same time that she's trying to pull everything else down. that makes sense. I'll just have to make sure not to belt the skirt RIGHT tightly on top of the pants/pullup. I don't know why I didn't think of that. You know, when we go to the bathroom, we don't think about these things--- but when we teach our kids, we have to look at it from their point of view.

so... best to keep the skirts off at home completely, or go ahead and teach from the beginning to pull down these and pull up those?

I'm off to bed, I'll check back tomorrow..... not even sure I'm TRULY ready to train her now--- she has a twin brother and I'm a bit overwhelmed-- but what else is new.....

thanks.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 27 2010, 9:39 pm
Stick to pants now. Once she's trained it will be easier to teach her that skirts go up while the rest goes down. And she'll prob be able to follow that really quickly at that time iyH.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training