Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What does your baby wear at night?

Company

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 6:46 am
Ive tried so many things to keep my baby warm at night but he still wakes up with cold hands and feet, is this normal? The heating is on high, (not to high dont worry) and he sleeps with pjamas, ive even put a vest underneath and when I put socks on he throws them off, and his covers he also throws straight off. Any ideas? I've been thinking about a sleeping bag, but I find that dangerous as he'll fall over if he tries to get up. What to do?

fiddle

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 6:53 am
put him on a sleeper, with feet- and put him on socks underneath as well and a long sleeved undershirt underneath the sleeper. this way if he kicks off the blanket he will be fine

Company

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 7:12 am
thanks for the idea, I just hate putting on sleepers cause they have so many buttons, anyone have any other suggestions?
Also if you know your baby hates socks and covers would u put on socks under a sleeper so he cant take them off or put him in a bag, or do you think this is unfair??

fiddle

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 7:28 am
sleepers dont have buttons. they have a zipper from top to bottom.

Company

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 7:58 am
Thank you Fiddle for adding a pic!! You're the best!! (I just haven't seen any with zips around)
Btw, when I said buttons I meant 'press thingies' I dont know what they are called.

Dini

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 8:09 am
http://www.childrensplace.com/.....epers

losingweight

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 8:17 am
Childrens Place sleepers.

spinkles

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 9:23 am
The L.L. Bean fleece sleepers are the warmest, but pricey. Carter's (carters.com) makes good fleece ones that are thinner but still good, and cost a lot less.

You should definitely put the socks on even if your kid doesn't like them. As he gets older, you're going to have to do a lot of things that he doesn't like, for his own good! This is just the beginning. :-)

You can also try a space heater. We keep one near our babies' crib throughout the winter, and they sleep better.

spinkles

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 9:29 am
also, make sure to get ones with a snap tab at top over the zipper, so he can't pull the zipper down as easily. you don't want what happened to me with my first, where my 13-month-old managed to get out of her sleeper, take off her diaper, poop, and smear the poop all over her crib and walls!!

pinkbubbles

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 9:38 am
I like the Carters fleece footed sleepers. My 2 year old hated blankets until recently so I use them every night when its cold.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 9:41 am
chana_f wrote:
The L.L. Bean fleece sleepers are the warmest, but pricey. Carter's (carters.com) makes good fleece ones that are thinner but still good, and cost a lot less.
You should definitely put the socks on even if your kid doesn't like them. As he gets older, you're going to have to do a lot of things that he doesn't like, for his own good! This is just the beginning. :-)

You can also try a space heater. We keep one near our babies' crib throughout the winter, and they sleep better.
I find that the Carters ones are a bit wide.

The childrens place ones are the best. They fit so snuggly and im confident that dd is warm in it. She never wakes up with freezing hands and feet. She kicks off her blanket too....

be good

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 9:59 am
almost one year old baby sleep in pjs with a sleep sack on top. she sometimes gets annoyed about it, but she is able to crawl and sit in it pretty easily. she also HATES socks and blankets, but this works for us. we have them in cotton and and velboa they also come in fleece.

sleep sack

comfy baby in sleep sack

Cow

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 2:00 pm
I second the sleep sack/sleep bag. My daughter now loves getting into it and she knows it's bedtime. I live in Israel where the apartments get really cold at night and I have one for each of my kids. A sleeper is just not enough here. I feel so much better knowing that they're not getting cold and they're much safer for babies because they can't cover their face.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 2:04 pm
Company wrote:
thanks for the idea, I just hate putting on sleepers cause they have so many buttons, anyone have any other suggestions?
Also if you know your baby hates socks and covers would u put on socks under a sleeper so he cant take them off or put him in a bag, or do you think this is unfair??
I would without a doubt put them under the sleeper. that is what I did when my daughter was little. that way I knew that her little toes were warm and I had done what I could to keep her warm.

just layer your child so that if the cover gets thrown off, they are still warm.

miriamg

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 2:16 pm
I've always double and sometimes even triple wrapped my kids in the winter when necessary:
- Long sleeve undershirt
- Regular sleeper
- Next size sleeper, if necessary
- Pajamas on top, if necessary - or below first sleeper, depending on size/bulk

For the infant stage up to 6-7 months, I used the Carter's sleep sack as the top layer.

I'm a big fan of Carter's - in terms of the snaps, I think they have snaps through the 9m size, but from 12m and up, it's all zipper.

Also, Chana F. another suggestion to keep the toddler from removing the sleeper is to put it on with the zipper in the back, if the top snap doesn't do the trick.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics