Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Help me toilet train 3.5 year old!

Need a bed

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 7:57 pm
My 3.5 year old son has been trained to go in the toilet for the last 2 months but never initiates. I take him every 3 hours or so and he stays dry but if I don't he just wets his pants. He never tells me that he needs to go and for #2 he just makes in his pants no matter what. He refuses to make it in the toilet. I've tried incentives and nothing seems to be good enough. The crazy part is that he wakes up dry every morning! I don't know what to do with him and it is getting really frustrating because I feel like we are going nowhere - not to mention the amount of underwear I am going through. Any ideas?

BR1205

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 8:40 pm
im currently training my 2yr old ds. I dont put underwear on in the house. He does go to the toilet now. I tried hin a few months ago but he wasn't working with me. Ur child might not be ready yet. Every child with training is ready at diff ages. U'll get there just give it time. Good luck!

BR1205

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 8:41 pm
I meant my 3yr old ds not 2.

Need a bed

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 8:49 pm
My son has been wearing underwear for 2 months and I think he would think it was funny to go back to diapers. Most days he is dry just because I am on top of it. My main issue is that he just won't tell me when he has to go. He goes to playgroup all morning and is never makes in his pants there!

Need a bed

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 8:51 pm
Also, this son is not my first child - he's at the bottom of the line so he is not the first that I have trained. My others were just fairly uneventful.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 8:55 pm
watch this , hope it helps.

JollyMommy

Post Fri, Dec 24 2010, 2:46 pm
for a while, when DS came home from school I took off his pants and underwear until he pooped in the toilet. he hated it, but I was sick of accidents.

(I feel like I can fill a book with all the crazy things I did to train him and it's still not perfect! I commisserate.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training