Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
ANOTHER Double Stroller thread- city mini?

OheivYisrael

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 12:53 pm
So I know I still have a number of months to think about this...
but I had always planned on getting a double city mini. I love Baby Jogger products and have been thrilled with my single (City Elite).

On Sunday I went to the store with DH to buy DS #1 a new carseat. He's 19 months and usually off-the-charts for height (currently somewhere in the ninetieth percentiles), average weight. He's much too tall for his current convertible carseat.

While there, we put him in the city mini double, just to see. He really looked like a sardine in it, with his arms stuck to his sides. It seemed like he was popping out of it, with no room to move.

Is this normal?? I can't imagine that this is how it's supposed to be. I've looked through the previous threads, but no one ever seems to comment on this. Especially since we're planning on getting it in about 6 months or so!

TIA

amother

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 12:56 pm
My kids are very tall, usually in the 90th percentiles. They are all fine in the city mini double. I really like it. And my almost 20 month old is 33 inches and over 25lbs, and is just fine. My only issue is the fiddling with the harness trying to escape.

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 2:01 pm
my tall 3.5 year old still fits comfortably in it. during the winter with his puffer jacket it was kinda tight, but otherwise its ok.

SivanMom

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 2:25 pm
My tall 3.5 year old never complained, and doesn't look very funny in it. You probably saw your son leaning back, which neither one of my kids do much (22 month old, 3.5). The most upright position is pretty far back and they like to sit forward. That is why I consider the belly bar a must for the City Mini, for the kids to hold onto. Also, if they are sitting forward, you can't use the full harness, only the bottom part of it. I feel more secure with the belly bar there. I love the City Mini, and would get it again, but my only complaint is that it leans back too much.

OheivYisrael

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 2:34 pm
Thanks for all the responses.

So basically, SivanMom, older kids are not expected to fall asleep in the stroller? My son does so on a regular basis, but I still have time so I guess things could change.

On a related note- I was thinking of getting the jump seat for my city elite, which I could use when we go to places with rougher terrain. Does anyone have any experience with this? I thought this could be in addition to, not instead of, a double stroller. But I'm not sure that it's worth the $$.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 2:36 pm
I'm currently using mine for my 19 month old & 3.5 year old. Neither of them are short. Both of them are fine in it.

newmommy22

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 2:48 pm
OheivYisrael wrote:

On a related note- I was thinking of getting the jump seat for my city elite, which I could use when we go to places with rougher terrain. Does anyone have any experience with this? I thought this could be in addition to, not instead of, a double stroller. But I'm not sure that it's worth the $$.

It is extremely hard to push the stroller with a jump seat - it's very heavy.

Number_1

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 2:49 pm
My neighbor has the toddler seat for the City Elite and she loves it. Its instead of a double carriage for her. She has no complaints about it. Her son is very comfortable in it...and he is just under 2 years old.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 3:04 pm
newmommy22 wrote:
OheivYisrael wrote:

Also, it means that the occupant of that seat cannot fall asleep.

OheivYisrael

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 3:07 pm
chaylizi wrote:
newmommy22 wrote:
OheivYisrael wrote:

Also, it means that the occupant of that seat cannot fall asleep.
Right, that's one of my concerns with it. That was why I was thinking about it in addition to, not instead of a double stroller. But I think it's probably not worth it, although still worth finding out about.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 3:15 pm
I have the rumbleseat for my Vista & when my dd falls asleep, her head is hanging by her feet because of the recline. As you said, it's useful for somethings, but not as a full fledged double.

SivanMom

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 6:15 pm
OheivYisrael wrote:
Thanks for all the responses.

So basically, SivanMom, older kids are not expected to fall asleep in the stroller? My son does so on a regular basis, but I still have time so I guess things could change.

If my 3.5 year old fell asleep in it, I don't think he would have a problem. It's just that neither my 3.5 year old nor my 22 month old has ever fallen asleep in a stroller, well since they were infants, anyway. I can only see it being a problem for a really tall kid with the hood closed. My son is still fine with the hood closed.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 6:48 pm
My kids are always falling asleep in the stroller.

Mirabelle

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 7:13 pm
My 3.5 year old (tall, average weight) fits nicely in the city mini double, but we really just usually use it for the twins.

yytsmommy

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 3:38 pm
as someone mentioned, the problem withe the bjcmd is that the seats do not sit straight up. however, I have heard from people that the new 2010 model sits straighter up- I checked the website and it said that the only improvement for 2010 is the larger basket. so does anyone know about the 2010 seat? is it straighter? or not?

abismommy

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 9:23 pm
Quote:
as someone mentioned, the problem withe the bjcmd is that the seats do not sit straight up.
IIRC, all joggers are made like that, for safety.

Basimcha

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 2:11 pm
Mirabelle wrote:
My 3.5 year old (tall, average weight) fits nicely in the city mini double, but we really just usually use it for the twins.

Mirabella, what ages are your twins? Are you happy with the stroller?

kermit the frog

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 3:12 pm
abismommy wrote:
Quote:
as someone mentioned, the problem withe the bjcmd is that the seats do not sit straight up.
IIRC, all joggers are made like that, for safety.

so which stroller sits up enough that the child is comfortable? Im deciding between the city mini and mountain buggy right now
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics