Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Shabbat Menu?!?!?!

jys

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 10:46 pm
My DH is tired of my Friday night dinners was wondering if anyone had any new ideas from salads to fish to the main dish?

Thanks in advanced

(P.s We do not eat chicken on the bone only chicken breast and DH doesn't love sweet so much) Smile

de_goldy

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 11:07 pm
Maybe post what you usually make so we can give you different suggestions?

jys

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 11:17 pm
So I make a Moroccan fish salads are Israeli salad Cole slaw and purple cabbage salad, sometimes a matzo ball soup or chicken noodle.... I make some type of chicken meat rice and veg depends on the mood !!!

de_goldy

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 11:26 pm
Ok, so here are things we do - homemade Challah, sometimes with fried onions inside.

Dips - babaganush, olivedip (sometimes we'll have a couple of bought dips too, depends)

Fish - either baked gefilte or broiled salmon marinated in lemon/garlic

Salads - beet/pomegranate/chinese apple, avocado/diced peppers/diced cucumbers or separate avocado/tomato/onion and peppers/cukes, sometimes just diced cukes and onions, spring-mix with peppers, flaked almonds, craisins and a chives dressing, romaine/sliced eggs/croutons
(obviously we make a couple of these each week, not all!)

Soup - Either regular chicken soup with matzah balls or chicken soup with loads of diced veges, chicken and barley. Rarely orange soup or zuke soup.

Chicken course - either broiled chicken, chicken in ducksauce and wine or chicken cutlets sliced into about 5 pieces each, dipped into cornflake crumbs mixed with mrs dash spice, placed onto sprayed pan and drizzled with oil, baked uncovered on 450 for about 40 mins.

we often to onion noodle kugel or baked asparagus, sweet potato and potato slices, usually plain green beans. once in a while brown rice kugel or brown rice with veges.

hope that helped something!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 10:44 am
we have so many recipes and menus here, look around !!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus