Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Keeps having accidents

amother

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 7:39 am
I am getting so frustrated. she was trained two months ago and has started or rather stopped going to the bathroom. I am going out of my mind. I have no idea how I am supposed to react anymore. its not working being calm and collected. I am seething.

help.

yourmama25

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 10:46 am
a child can sense if you are getting upset or frustrated even if you try not to show it. suggestion #1 Put her back in diapers and wait a month then start over gain like nothing happened before. Don't bring up the subject of toiet training at all. this is very effective for parents because they need to calm down.
Suggestion #2 bring her to the bathroom every 1/2 to hour. whether she wants/needs to go or not. She will get frustrated having to go so often and will probably stop accidents. this usually works on an older child like 4 and up

greeneyes

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 11:30 am
We had the same thing happen a couple months after my daughter was toilet trained, & we did what yourmama25 suggested. I put her back in diapers (for about a week or 2, can't remember exactly how long it took), & didn't bring up toilet training. After a while, she decided she was ready to wear underwear again, & the accidents miraculously stopped.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training