Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Solids

amother

Post Thu, Jan 06 2011, 7:13 am
my baby is 7 months b"h and eating solids
how much do I give him?
how many times a day?

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jan 06 2011, 7:21 am
I started my baby on solids VERY early (3 1/2 months) because she wasnt taking any liquids, so I might not be the best person to go by.

that being said, I started her on small meals three times a day, and a snack or two in between. I mostly made my own food (my kids dont like most jar food) so I would just open the container and take some out and give it to her. I usually mixed it with baby cereal and later (about 10 months, when she started on formula again). because she was already eating solids for such a long time, by around 6-7 months I started giving her real solids- small pieces of chicken, fish, kugel, cholent....

not sure this helps, but good luck!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 10:28 am
bump

nobody feeds there kids solids?

Brownie Bar

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 10:46 am
I started giving my baby solids at 9 months. I cook my own veggies and mash it for him. I don't use the jars from the store. I also give him baby cereal mixed with a little applesauce. he loves it. so I give him just soft mashed things. also potato kugel. other than that, I'm still nursing him so that goes in between. so it ends up being I give him food like 3 times a day and nurse him in between.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jan 14 2011, 1:18 pm
I googled it and then came here to check also how much to give my 7 month old. I'm embaressed to say that this is not my first kid, but I just don't remember. I've been giving him solids twice a day and an 8 oz. bottle of formula 4 times a day. The reason why I came to check was because it seems like he's eating too much. I'm trying to eliminate one of the bottles. The solids I give him are fruit in the morning with baby cereal and in the afternoon/evening, vegetables with either baby cereal or chicken. He's been eating since he was 5 months old. Any other questions? Now I'm going to check more on here what other women feed their babies.

I forgot to mention that I make my own food because I can't buy jarred where I live. I have a fleishig, pareve, and milichig mini or hand blender.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics