Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Miriam Aidel bas Hindah

allrgymama

Post Sat, Jan 22 2011, 10:23 pm
My daughter is having a peanut challenge (allergy related) done on Tuesday morning, January 25th, I'Y'H.

Please daven that it should go well (or, failing that, that we don't end up in the hospital as a result) or just have good thoughts towards her.

Miriam Aidel bas Hindah (Aidel pronounced 'aye' not 'ay')

Thank you!

Edited to change the day of the appointment. It's tomorrow; not Wednesday. Sorry and thank you!

Last edited by allrgymama on Mon, Jan 24 2011, 10:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

Merrymom

Post Sat, Jan 22 2011, 11:49 pm
Several of my children had allergy testing. What has you so worried?

allrgymama

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 8:01 am
Anaphylaxis?

My daughter has diagnosed food allergies and this is a challenge we're hopeful about. But it's still scary.

Also: do you not say Tehillim so that your children should grow out of their allergies?

Furthermore: I'm trying to convince myself that you were trying to be reassuring. Please let me know that you were and weren't attacking or criticizing me.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 8:08 am
Why do some people think you should only say Tehillim when you've tried everything else? If someone wants Tehillim for something it shows she has emuna in Hashem that He can change everything. We want lesser things cured/ solved etc, right, not just life-threatening illnesses. So we should say Tehillim for them too.

allergymama - I hope Hashem grants you siyata dishmaya and that the testing goes well.

allrgymama

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 8:55 am
@shalhevet: thank you for your support!

I just read over Shabbos where a Rav advised someone that if something was important enough to worry about, it was important enough to daven about.

Granted, this may have been part of a fictional story in the Binah, Mishpacha or Ami, but I like the principle of it.

Merrymom

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 1:28 pm
I'm not against saying Tehillim. You'll be in good hands and the doctors are prepared for emergencies. They have every kind of drug right there if needed and no I've never davened that they grow out of allergies, probably because allergies are quite common in my family (some are the epi-pen kind which is quit severe). I just didn't know why you thought she could end up in the hospital chas v'shalom.

allrgymama

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 7:27 pm
@merrymom: Perhaps you have a very different view than mine, being that you come from a family where food allergies are usual. I come from a family where they are not. That being said, my view is that my daughter is sick and that, Im Yirtzeh Hashem, she can get better. I do not, chas v'shalom, consider it to be a 'chronic' illness or something that requires a nationwide campaign to daven for her health (there's a time and a place and a need for that and my daughter's health isn't one of them).

But just asking people to put out good thoughts? To have her in mind? I could have been vague and just put her name up here but I chose to be specific and honest.

My cousin today davened and said Tehillim that her high school interview should go well.

Is the threat of my daughter having a severe reaction requiring hospitalization not enough for me to ask others to 'put in a good word'?

Please PM me if you want to discuss this further.

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 9:34 pm
shalhevet wrote:
Why do some people think you should only say Tehillim when you've tried everything else? If someone wants Tehillim for something it shows she has emuna in Hashem that He can change everything. We want lesser things cured/ solved etc, right, not just life-threatening illnesses. So we should say Tehillim for them too.

allergymama - I hope Hashem grants you siyata dishmaya and that the testing goes well.

For some of us, allergies are a life threatening illness Crying . Good luck with your food challenge.

Merrymom

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 10:28 pm
allrgymama wrote:
@merrymom: Perhaps you have a very different view than mine, being that you come from a family where food allergies are usual. I come from a family where they are not. That being said, my view is that my daughter is sick and that, Im Yirtzeh Hashem, she can get better. I do not, chas v'shalom, consider it to be a 'chronic' illness or something that requires a nationwide campaign to daven for her health (there's a time and a place and a need for that and my daughter's health isn't one of them).

But just asking people to put out good thoughts? To have her in mind? I could have been vague and just put her name up here but I chose to be specific and honest.

My cousin today davened and said Tehillim that her high school interview should go well.

Is the threat of my daughter having a severe reaction requiring hospitalization not enough for me to ask others to 'put in a good word'?

Please PM me if you want to discuss this further.

I wish you well, I was never against you asking for other people's tfilos, I don't quite understand how a simple question was construed to mean that.

allrgymama

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 9:04 am
@merrymom: I'm sorry. I took your comment of "Several of my children had allergy testing. What has you so worried?" to imply that you did not think it was such a big deal, which is why I asked you if it had been meant to be reassuring instead.

Perhaps I should have been clearer that it was a food challenge (where she would actually be eating the food) vs allergy testing (usually just a scratch test). That was my fault and I apologize. I have edited my post accordingly.

yaelinIN

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 10:50 am
I wish her (and all the allergic people out there) the best. I have a peanut allergic daughter and I pray for the people doing all the research for them!

allrgymama

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 3:55 pm
Baruch Hashem, my daughter's testing went perfectly fine!

We have to allow a window of 24 hours after testing to allow for a delayed reaction, but so far so good.

Thank you to everyone who wished her well.

AllrgyMama
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed