Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Playgroup Lunch for Toddler

amother

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 9:33 am
Ok, I really need help in this one!
I'm starting to work again and will be sending my 16 month son to a small group, but I have to send along lunch and snacks. I'm *panicking* bec. as it is I have a hard enough time feeding him at home - he's picky, doesnt like to eat and I've just qualified for feeding therapy, but now that I actually have to prepare something I cant think of what to send - even for a 'regular' child his age, who would be eating well. (I've noticed that sometimes when others are eating, he eats better so a- I think he has a behavioral issue and b-I'm hoping that with the other 2 kids eating, perhaps he actually will eat what I send him.)
Any ideas for what is appropriate to send along for lunch and snacks for this age?
I dont think I can send a sandwich bec. whenever I give him anything that has something smeared on it he just plays with it and peels it off, not eating any of it.
Thanks.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 9:44 am
It's hard to answer without knowing what he tolerates. I usually prepare a small container of whatever ds had for dinner, and thats his lunch the next day. I also prepare some cut up fresh fruit, like grapes, berries, or melon, or some applesauce. You an also send plain bread or crackers, with sliced cheese on the side. Yogurt is a good snack too. He can snack on cereal.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 9:49 am
What does he eat at home?

My mother bought my kids these thermoses

http://www.thermos.com/product.....=FOOD

One pink & one blue each. The keep the food nicely warm for lunch. I send soup, meatballs, mac & cheese, rice and snitzel, pretty much anything in them. You can also use them to keep food cool, so it works for yogurt, etc.

SingALong

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 10:18 am
my dd is also a super picky eater. she's crazy over hello kitty so I got her a hello kitty sandwich container. I put in either her sandwich (crusts cut off of course) or pasta with a fork in the fork section. so if he has something he likes a charachter or color, then maybe do somehting like that to encourage him.

can u send plain bread? or fruit/veggies cut up? I think you should just send whatever he is willing ot eat, don't worry about it being appropriate or not. you can explain to the morah that he is picky and you will be sending whatever he eats. she should also clue u in if he appears interested in anything one of the other kids are bringing.

bnm

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 10:35 am
pasta, eggsalad, tuna

whirlwind

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 10:37 am
I have these for my kids:
http://secure.laptoplunches.co.....p;Tp=
Different color for each and ds has one for milch and one for fleish bc they serve both in his school. I really like it because it's so easy to pack a wholesome meal with lots of options. Dd is pretty picky, but since there's room for choices she ends up eating. I usually send leftovers from dinner (I'm lucky - my kids will eat almost anything cold) plus a fruit, a veggie, and a grain like crackers, rice, pasta, orzo... For dd I usually include rice cakes and cheese since those are two foods I know she usually eats so at least she'll eat something... But I love these lunch boxes because it makes it easy to pack a selection of foods. (Also no wasting disposables and no hunting for containers and lids - I keep them all together :-)

Lani22

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 10:38 am
pasta, yogurt, cheese slices, cheese sticks, pizza (my toodler loves cold pizza), apple sauce, cut up fruit, crackers, pretzles.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics