Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Rib steak recipe

Fabulous

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 3:19 pm
I have in the freezer Rib Steak (with the bone) and want to make it for supper.

Any ideas that are not too complicated and make a soft, moist steak?

TIA

bnm

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 4:15 pm
I broil it or grill it. you can marinate it or just season it with some salt, pepper, and steak seasoning

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 4:42 pm
3-4 lb meat
12 oz jar chili sauce
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c ketchup
1/2 c water
t dijon mustard
t lemon juice

marinade for 1 hour. roast 400 for 1 1/2

BEST RECIPE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I make it all the time.

Since we love it so much, I like to have it often, but ribs are expensive so just to know that it can be used with any meat. I've used California Steaks, Sandwhich Steaks, which are cheaper meats and it comes out delish. Any leftovers, the Sweet Valley Gal Family would GLADLY take!!!!

MommytoB

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 4:47 pm
Sounds like a good marinade but if they are individual steaks and not a roast then 1 1/2 hours will kill it! I broil them -- 6 - 7 minutes per side depending on size. Its easier to under cook and put it back in than overcook...

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 4:57 pm
MommytoB wrote:
Sounds like a good marinade but if they are individual steaks and not a roast then 1 1/2 hours will kill it! I broil them -- 6 - 7 minutes per side depending on size. Its easier to under cook and put it back in than overcook...
Not at all!!!! It is soaking in the sauce so it doesnt get dried out at all or burnt. It cooks in the sauce and generates juice itself....

Fabulous

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 5:33 pm
sounds great sweet valley. Just one thing now that I'm heading to the grocery store, what is chili sauce?

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 6:09 pm
its near the duck sauce and bbq sauce. its yum

Barbara

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 6:18 pm
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
MommytoB wrote:
Not at all!!!! It is soaking in the sauce so it doesnt get dried out at all or burnt. It cooks in the sauce and generates juice itself....

You've cooked rib steaks that long?

Anyway, I say just broil them, 5 to 6 minutes a side, no marinades, no sauce, no spices. A rib steal stands alone.

Raisin

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 6:54 pm
Barbara wrote:
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
MommytoB wrote:

You've cooked rib steaks that long?

Anyway, I say just broil them, 5 to 6 minutes a side, no marinades, no sauce, no spices. A rib steal stands alone.

I agree, rib does not need long moist cooking. do that to a cheaper cut of meat like chuck or minute. it is a complete waste to do that to rib, which is expensive because it is one of the only kosher cuts you can grill.

just flavour it, marinade it if you want and grill for about 10-15 minutes depending on thickness. cut open to check if it is how you like it. It should be slightly pink for medium rare. don't overcook it!

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 7:45 pm
garlic, meat, fire. mmmmm

Fabulous

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 7:53 pm
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:

ok, I went to the local grocery store and couldn't find it. I bought a Jewish brand of steak sauce, added garlic powder and pepper. Broiled it on both sides, then baked it covered and uncovered. We'll see. Gonna eat soon.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 8:26 pm
Fabulous wrote:
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:

ok, I went to the local grocery store and couldn't find it. I bought a Jewish brand of steak sauce, added garlic powder and pepper. Broiled it on both sides, then baked it covered and uncovered. We'll see. Gonna eat soon.

In my store it's near the ketchup. And if you can't find it, substitute ketchup and some more seasonings (including a little red pepper). I do that all the time.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 5:52 pm
Sweet Valley,

I went to a bigger supermarket and found the chili sauce. Thanks for the recipe, I'll let you know how it comes out.

Dini20

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 7:42 pm
I also like rib steaks broiled/grilled with nothing on them, but here's a great recipe with a sauce. Can be used with other cuts too.
Slice an onion on the bottom of the pan.
Marinade:
1 1/2 c mikee chicken marinade
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/3 c italian dressing
1/3 c honey
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Pour over steaks. Broil a few minutes on each side until they're cooked the way you like them.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 8:07 pm
It came out very good. A little spicy but delicious. Thanks!

I only used half a bottle because I only made two steaks, anyone know what else I can use chili sauce for?

crush

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 8:19 pm
I have an easy meatball recipe with that. If I recall correctly, it's just a full bottle of Heinz Chili sauce, 1 full can of cranberry sauce, then fill the bottle and the can with water and pour it in the pot, boil, and put it meatballs. I guess you could half the recipe to use half the bottle...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics