Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
WDYD?!?!

superjew

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 8:37 am
I'm not sure where this belongs & it may very well be a weird question. But every time I'm cooking dinner my ds (1) plays in the kitchen either in his highchair or with stuff from the cabinets (depends if I'm prepping or using flames etc) When I chop up an onion , y'know how our eyes get, well, does he feel the sting? Sometimes he's right under my feet playing...
I ALWAYS try to put him across the room before, but he's kinda clingy & ends up right next to me.
Does it burn his eyes?
WDYD when you're preparing food & cutting an onion?!?!?!
Rolling Eyes Sorry if this is silly embarrassed

yo'ma

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 8:59 am
When my older ones were little, I used to say, I'm cutting an onion and they would run away Smile . Now, I just make sure that no one is that close. If he's in his high chair, just move him away a little. If he's on the floor, I doubt it would affect him because he's so low.

justanothermom

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 9:06 am
I don't think this is silly, but I've honestly never thought about it and I cut onions when my kids are around all of the time. If they ever showed any signs of discomfort, then I'd probably make sure that I move them away, but my kids have never seemed to have a problem with it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics