Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Is the children's CD/DVD market saturated?

bigbird

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 11:05 pm
Hi. I've been thinking about producing a children's CD because I think it would be something I would enjoy doing and something I'd be good at. I've been looking around at what's available out there. There is a lot! Does anyone think there is a market for more or on anything in particular (parsha, yom tov, mitzvos, health etc)? Also, what ages do you think would appreciate something new?

It wouldn't be me performing on the CD/DVD, rather it would be boys/men so that it would be available to more people.

Any advice?

TIA!

Atali

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 11:06 pm
There is a need for more DVDs for older kids (ages 6-12).

bigbird

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 4:49 am
Hi Atali. Can you be more specific? What types of DVDs? On any particular topic or just stories or is there just nothing kosher out there for that age group?

Anyone else?

Aribenj

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 12:28 pm
If you speak another language other than english or hebrew, I would buy that in a second. Jewish DVDs or CDs just DONT exist in any other language, and I am sure the .6 million jews in france or the .5 million spanish speaking Jews would LOVE something like that! Hey I would even get it for my kids and they don't speak either!

OldYoung

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 12:36 pm
Go for it! I am always looking for quality, Jewish music/entertainment for my kids. If it's good, I'll buy it!

zigi

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 12:39 pm
Atali wrote:
There is a need for more DVDs for older kids (ages 6-12).

my son likes agent emes etc. where there is a story. my younger kids like more music etc.

I like the boys and men idea! b/c sometimes dh is around and the kids want to watch something

Raisin

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 2:11 pm
Aribenj wrote:
If you speak another language other than english or hebrew, I would buy that in a second. Jewish DVDs or CDs just DONT exist in any other language, and I am sure the .6 million jews in france or the .5 million spanish speaking Jews would LOVE something like that! Hey I would even get it for my kids and they don't speak either!

you could just dub some of the existing dvds. many exisiting dvds are already dubbed english to hebrew or vice versa.

I think good quality films aimed at older kids would be great. My kids love agent emes, but it can be a little scary.

IMO it is just too weird when there are no girls at all. I don't think having young girls acting should be such an issue.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 2:15 pm
That. Nothing in French, it's crazy.

bigbird

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 4:35 am
Thanks for your replies and encouragement everyone. I'm glad to hear that there is a need for more. It sounds like the kids actually like to watch as opposed to listening. Does anyone listen to CDs anymore or is that too 90s LOL??

Unfortunately I don't speak another language - I wish! However, I do know some people who do so it's something I might keep in mind.

Again, is there any particular topic you feel would benefit the kids or do you find they don't necessarily learn so much from what they see/hear but it's rather just a form of entertainment? Or does that depend on the age maybe??

Thanks again!! I appreciate the input.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics