Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Abba shel shabat- does he dress up?

rovacat

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 2:11 pm
my 2 year old ds is aba shel shabat / shabbos aba tomorrow for the first time in gan.
I know that when girls are the shabbos ema, they wear a shabbos dress, and maybe a head covering.
do boys do something different? do they wear their shabbos suit or a tie?
what do you do for your boys?

Nomad

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 2:17 pm
I think you should ask the morah. its different in different schools. in my ds's preschool, the girls dont dress up at all and neither do the boys

yo'ma

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 2:18 pm
The teacher might give him a hat or tie and you could put on shabbos clothing on him if you want or just dark pants and white shirt. You don't have to do anything either, he could wear jeans and a t-shirt if that's what you and him want. It's really up to you.

rovacat

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 2:21 pm
that's so cute! I guess I could dress him up with his vest and tie. he loves wearing them. he's been talking about this non stop for days, so I want it to be special for him. I can't believe my baby is aba shel shabat! Smile I think I'm just as excited as he is. lol

Isramom8

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 3:01 pm
rovacat wrote:
that's so cute! I guess I could dress him up with his vest and tie. he loves wearing them. he's been talking about this non stop for days, so I want it to be special for him. I can't believe my baby is aba shel shabat! Smile I think I'm just as excited as he is. lol

You're making me tear up! Crying Smile

obagys

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 3:05 pm
My daughter is the shabbos ima at playgroup tomorrow. I wasn't going to dress her in anything special, but I'm sure it depends on the place. To me her being shabbos ima means I have to provide a cute treat for 16 kids LOL So cute how excited you and your son are! Smile

MeadowsLane

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 3:09 pm
I dressed up my boys in white shirts and dark pants. They were always super excited.

rovacat

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 3:09 pm
obagys- put a shabbos dress on her tomorrow with shabbos shoes and see how excited she'll get!
it's worth the effort. for my girls, being shabbos ema is the highlight of the year for them (after their birthday party)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics