Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How many size one diapers will I need?

greeneyes

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 12:06 pm
My newborn is 3 days old & weighed 7 lbs 1 oz, how long should I expect to use size one diapers? Should I order a case of 264 diapers or will that be too much? I have about 100 size 1 diapers at home now, but I'm wondering how many more we'll need before she outgrows size 1...

TIA!

Toriadore

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 12:08 pm
Yes, ONE box of 264, but not more.

When you finish the box, you'll be ready for size 2.

I usually buy a smaller package of newborn, then one big 264 box of Size 1....so if you are already starting with 100 Size 1, it's perfect.

(pregnant with my 5th in 6 years, so down to a science).

amother

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 12:12 pm
I think it depends on the brand. My dd was born 7lb 8 oz. When we brought her home we had a pack of Pampers swaddlers size 1, about 100. Then my husband went to Costco, he couldnt find pampers in size 1 so he bought the kirkland brand size 1-2, I think there were about 230 in there. at about 3.5 weeks they were too small and I still have a third of them left over. I bought pampers size two and they fit her much better. At her 4.5 week checkup she was 11 lb. she 5 weeks old now

EvenI

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 1:10 pm
My baby was born 3.3 kg, which is just a few ounces more than yours and we started with huggies size 2, which was fine. She even outgrew those quite quickly. It does depend on the brand, but it alsoi depends on the growth rate of the baby, which is anyone's guess.

I would say not to buy so many size 1 diapers in advance if you want to be sure not to waste them.

mommy#1

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 1:32 pm
My baby was born 8 lb 2 oz. He's now 3.5 months old, and is still in size1 pampers. But he's long and thin. It depends on the baby. If he would be chunky, he would probably be in size 2 now

Bliss

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 2:04 pm
I think you'll be just fine with one box of size 1.

punktfarkert

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 2:06 pm
Toriadore wrote:
(pregnant with my 5th in 6 years, so down to a science).

Down to a science for your kids, which is great, but all kids are different. There are some chunkers that are in size 5 by a year and the skinnier ones can be in size 3 when they're 2 years old! Really depends on the kid. I'd buy one case and wait until your supply is diminishing then reevaluate which size for the next case.

intrigued

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 3:04 pm
First of all Mazel Tov Smile. I went through like 3 of those boxes with my baby. I used pampers. Granted he was born 6.6 and didn't gain much but just wanted to show you the other side.

pinkbubbles

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 3:32 pm
I only went through a few packs and was using a few more of size one before I realized they were too small. So it didn't last me very long, in fact I have half a pack left over since I just couldn't squeeze DS into them anymore. We're nearly moving to size three, and hes 10 weeks old. Born 8 lb 14 oz.

tizunabi

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 4:56 am
My parents bought us a pack of 180 size "1" american pampers and then we moved over to size two (our DS was born 6lb12oz)
The sizes overlap and you can usually manage with a bigger size.

BUT.. looking at the sizes online... in america the pampers "1" size is 4-6 kg (or 8-14 lbs).. (that's what my parents brought us) and in israel the size "2" is 3-6kg (6.5-14 lbs).. so they are basically the same thing. We used the size two (more or less size 1 in america) until DS was 4.5 or 5 months old. He is now on size "3" israeli which is for 4-9 kg (8-20lbs)....

In any case. I think it'll be more practical to wait and see. My DS is a skinny little thing, which is why he was able to stay in small diapers for so long (he didnt even hit the 14lbs at his 4 mo check up). But we have cousins that have a baby that has been in 4+(9-20kg) since she was 5 months old...

mazelandbracha

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 9:58 am
buy diapers 1 box at a time for a while - they fit at bedtime, and then baby grows overnight...boom! Need the next size! Enjoy the ride!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics