Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Almost four year old boy not caring he's wet

amother

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 6:55 pm
My son has been toilet trained for a while and recently or say for quite some time now -- a month or so at the end of the day I'll see his pants are wet or in the middle of the day and if I ask him he'll say no they're not. He goes when he needs to although I knowe he waits for the last minute. Any thoughts,, should I be concerned? Or just ignore and it'll phase out. I haven't been making a big deal about it, but wasn't sure if I should be more concerned.

cm

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 7:00 pm
Similar situation when my dd was about that age and even older - after the novelty of toilet training wore off, she didn't bother to go to the bathroom and really didn't notice if she was damp (never really sopping wet). We did a lot of reminding and scheduled toileting combined with a "dry panties" sticker chart. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, but intervene (calmly) as needed to remind him to go.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 7:26 pm
My concern is if he doesn't know that he's wet. Is he lazy and doesn't want to stop playing? Or, does he not feel his bladder being full or the being wet?

If he doesn't feel he's wet, it's sensory issue. Does he have any other sensory issues?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:25 pm
he does and we are in the process of getting him OT and I do many sensort activities, but he is usually much more defesive in terms of tactile sensations, can he be both defensive as in overstimulated and understimulated? And does anyone have ideas if this is the case?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training