Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
ISO Unstuffed Cabbage Recipe

HappyMommy23

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 9:21 pm
Thanks!

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 9:25 pm
Search is your friend.

Unstuffed Cabbage

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 9:27 pm
I make mine in the crockpot. Interested in the recipe I base mine on? Or you're using a stove/oven?

SV

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 10:00 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I make mine in the crockpot. Interested in the recipe I base mine on? Or you're using a stove/oven?

I am interested! Please share. Smile

HappyMommy23

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 10:03 pm
Thanks HY would appreciate it!

mrsERK

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 10:04 pm
HY - when you make it in the crock pot do you do it for shabbos? Overnight? Or just for a few hours?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 10:06 pm
I put it up in the AM and eat it for supper (Thursday nights I make crockpot dinners so I can focus on cooking for Shabbos and my stove and oven are available Smile)

I base my recipe on this:
http://gfingf.blogspot.com/200......html

I don't follow it exactly, but it's pretty good.

I leave out the sauerkraut (can't stand the smell) and for now the diced tomatoes since my husband doesn't care for them. I don't measure exactly, nor layer it exactly as she said, but I followed the recipe the first time to get a feel of what I was doing. I don't use Mrs. Dash at all either; just garlic powder.

And I cook it on low from 8 AM to 7:30 PM approximately.

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 5:21 pm
HY, can you post how you do yours? I checked out the link but it looked confusing to me. Thanks.

EMmom

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 7:38 pm
I make the one from kosher by design it's delicious - not too sweet but very tasty

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 8:31 pm
PinkandYellow wrote:
HY, can you post how you do yours? I checked out the link but it looked confusing to me. Thanks.

So I put in my crockpot some coleslaw mix and diced onion.
I mix up the ground beef, egg, rice (I use Minute -- raw), garlic powder, black pepper.
I shape into largish balls and put over the cabbage in the crockpot.
I mix tomato sauce and brown sugar, and pour it all over the meat.

Cook on low for 8 hours.

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 8:49 pm
Thanks, HY. I get how to do it. I'm assuming you can boil it as well?
Also, if I'm also making a red cabbage salad and an eggroll salad (filling of eggroll incl coleslaw mix), would it be too much to make unstuffed cabbage? Should I stay with stuffed peppers for the ground meat? (Sorry, I am agonizing way too much over my purim menu, but I need to make the ground meat dish tom night so I can do e/t else motz'sh and sunday).

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 8:55 pm
I never tried boiling, but I did bake in oven tightly covered and it worked fine. I don't remember how long I did it for. Maybe 1.5 hours at 350? Not sure. I'd check the meat and see if it needs longer time. It might need a bit of water if baking, as the crockpot generates more steam.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 8:56 pm
But re: Purim -- it might be better to stay away from it just in case there are guests that have issues with cabbage and you already have a few dishes with it...I know it causes gas in some...I personally would prefer it over peppers, but I'm not coming to you Wink

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 9:10 pm
Thanks, HY. I hear what you are saying. I will have to decide. A difficult decision but I may go with the stuffed peppers. If I can find small mini peppers. Tx.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey