Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Lunch ideas for toddler starting school

amother

Post Sun, Aug 06 2006, 9:41 pm
my 2 yr old will be starting school this september iyh.

I need to send lunch with her every day and only diary no meat.

they dont have a microwave there but there is a fridge to keep the lunch boxes in.

this is my first baby and its so exciting she is going to school but need some ideas on variety if food

also should I send a snack/dessert with her lunch. I am not into junk food but I am sure the other kids will have something 'good' and I dont want to feel like she isnt getting anything

SingALong

Post Sun, Aug 06 2006, 9:59 pm
I have the same situation next year too. Being that I have already sent my toddler out sometimes to babysitters, I may have some ideas.
Best thing for me would be sandwiches. they don't need a fridge or microwave and are easy to make.
snacks, I would do one healthy like fruit or cut up veggie sticks (carrot, cucumber, pepper). and then one noshy snack like fruit roll up, corn pops, bamba, whatever.
also, lots to drink, like mini sport bottles of water or drink boxes.
check with the teacher since she may provide drinks and snacks.
good luck!

Tovah

Post Sun, Aug 06 2006, 10:13 pm
sand whiches
noodles
fruit
pretzels
mini yogurts

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, Aug 06 2006, 10:19 pm
my son is one yrs old. and now I'm trying to get him past the "pureed food" stage. he starts the babysitter again soon. can I also send sandwiches at this age? or what else besides for that, that is easy?

goldrose

Post Sun, Aug 06 2006, 10:55 pm
how do you "make sure" the kid doesnt eat the bamba first and then not be interested in the sandwich?

MMEC123

Post Mon, Aug 07 2006, 8:17 am
goldrose wrote:
how do you "make sure" the kid doesnt eat the bamba first and then not be interested in the sandwich?
In a preschool setting, that's what the teacher is there for! (I'm a preschool teacher and that's part of our lunch duty).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children