Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
What makes you want to give?

str82thepoint

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 8:53 pm
I would love to hear your thoughts on this:
What makes you want to give to a certain cause on the internet?

I am looking to raise funds for a struggling community where the kollel's funds were invested with a corrupt man who pulled a "madolf". They are now over $100,00 in debt and these families are not being paid. Really sad situation. Anyhow, I was asked to help set up a campaign to raise funds for these people. I want to know hoe to inspire people to give?

An emotional video video that runs viral?
Some sort of prize incentive?
A site where people who donate can view how much money has been raised thus far to see how much, we, as Jews can come together to raise?

What causes have you given to and why?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 9:39 pm
str82thepoint wrote:
I would love to hear your thoughts on this:
What makes you want to give to a certain cause on the internet?

I am looking to raise funds for a struggling community where the kollel's funds were invested with a corrupt man who pulled a "madolf". They are now over $100,00 in debt and these families are not being paid. Really sad situation. Anyhow, I was asked to help set up a campaign to raise funds for these people. I want to know hoe to inspire people to give?

An emotional video video that runs viral?
Some sort of prize incentive?
A site where people who donate can view how much money has been raised thus far to see how much, we, as Jews can come together to raise?

What causes have you given to and why?

Really, really reliable haskamos, disclosure, contact info that is responded to promptly. Among other things.

lifecoach

Post Thu, Mar 17 2011, 1:11 am
A short answer - After considering the halachos of who to give to: I guess it would be something that moves me personally. There are just so many causes out there...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics