Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Four year old being bullied in cheder

amother

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 4:53 pm
About a few times a week my son is in a horrible mood and very kvetchy until he finally blurts out that this boy and that boy hit him or pushed him. So I told him to fight back so he tells me he forgets to. He also thinks that the other boy is stronger so he dosnt fight back bec. he's scared to be potched again. I spoke to the rebbe but it only helped for two days. Sometimes I feel like going to the cheder and calling out those boys and talking to them but I don't know if the cheder will be so happy..

any advice on this?

amother

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 5:03 pm
My 4 year old DS also had trouble with a particular boy in his class a while ago. Spoke to Rebbe once, twice however the problem still persisted. DH then decided to take my son to cheder and talk to the Rebbe in person, this was really helpful for three reasons - 1) DS felt secure in knowing his Tutty was coming with him. 2) The Rebbe felt more involved and resolved to do all he could. 3) The bully in question arrived to cheder when DH was in the class already. As soon as he saw DH, he ran out, presumably afraid. This empowered DS and helped him feel more secure.
It took a while until his behaviour calmed down at home and until he slept through the night again. I also tried some natural remedies for fear and I must say the Rebbe was a tremendous help and (with the help of the One Above of course) things finally settled down. Ironically, they are friends now. Confused
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers