Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Non-sweet chicken recipes?

bubble gum

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 4:59 pm
Aside from breaded chicken recipes, I feel like every chicken recipe has duck sauce or brown sugar etc. Any good savory recipes aside from plain roasted or grilled chicken? I'm only looking for recipes for chicken on the bone by the way.

Thank you!

culinaryk

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 5:01 pm
Is this for Pesach or during the year?

bubble gum

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 5:26 pm
For during the year, thanks.

MuppetLover

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 5:26 pm
Honey Dijon Mustard, Basil, salt and pepper in a ziploc bag or dish..I put it on the george foreman, but you could bake or grill it..I let it sit for 30 minutes.

bubble gum

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 5:40 pm
MuppetLover wrote:
I let it sit for 30 minutes.

You mean you marinate it in the sauce for 30 min before grilling? It sounds yummy. Any measurements by any chance?

nylon

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 5:46 pm
I cook bone-in dark meat in stew type dishes. Here's a good one if you like your chicken and vegetables in one dish: Brown the chicken in a little oil. If it releases a lot of fat, tip some out. Cook onion and garlic till soft. Add chopped tomatoes, dried basil, and salt. Put the chicken in, cover, and turn down to a simmer. When it's half cooked, add peppers cut into rings and keep simmering till the chicken is cooked through (you can vary when you add the peppers depending on whether you like them still crisp, or soft). Serve over pasta, rice, or noodles.

I usually marinate boneless chicken, but you can also do it with bone-in. A good one is olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and herbs (I like thyme or rosemary). Let it marinate for at least an hour--time depends on size of pieces. (If you want to do this with cutlets, only do half an hour.) Best on the grill. You can vary the marinade a lot--you need an acid, oil, and flavorings. White meat chicken comes out very juicy this way, not dry.

I'll try to think of some more in a bit--I know I have a lot more chicken recipes than this, but I've been a lazy cook lately! Oh - thighs make really good teriyaki chicken, though some of the commercial sauces are on the sweet side.

Dini20

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 5:54 pm
I rub some olive oil on the chicken, then sprinkle with salt & dried basil. Bake at 425 for 45 min. Then lower oven to 350. Pour 1 C sweet white wine (I use cream niagra)& 2 Tbsp chicken soup mix mixed w half cup hot water over the chicken. Sprinkle 10 frozen garlic cubes (defrosted) on & around chicken. Cover tightly & bake another 2 hrs. Soft, delicious & juicy!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 6:05 pm
Check out this thread
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....asted

mommy27

Post Fri, Apr 01 2011, 1:00 pm
I just open a can of diced tomatoes, pour it over, and bake covered for 2 hours on 350. Even my picky daughter likes it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey