Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Haven't slept in 4 nights and counting....HELP!!!

yo'ma

Post Mon, Apr 11 2011, 9:03 pm
My ds is almost 10 months k'h. Since he was 5 months, he slept through the night. I went away with him when he was almost 9 months and the whole 2 weeks we were away, he slept terrible at night. Since we've been back, he got back into his routine pretty fast, but it did take a few nights. Now, a couple of weeks later, he has been sleeping TERRIBLE!!!! If he didn't sleep well during the day or was cranky during the day, I'd say something is bothering him, but b'h, bl'ah, he's fine. It's only at night. I even put him in my bed last night and it was the same thing. Does anyone have any ideas because I really need my sleep? I take a nap when he does, but I'm not a baby or an owl and I need my night sleep. BTW, I'm all for CIO especially since nothing else works. Not like the crying works either...

obagys

Post Mon, Apr 11 2011, 9:15 pm
Are you positive it's not something like an ear infection? A lot of times my babies would sleep fine for a day nap bec they were so exhausted from being up all night, and they would also act fine during the day. But I would take them in and there would often be a nasty ear infection that required a round or two of antibiotics.

Mamish Mama

Post Mon, Apr 11 2011, 9:18 pm
When you let him try to cry it out, how long do you let him cry for?

Is it possible that one afternoon you keep him up w/o letting him nap and maybe he'll sleep better at night? It might be really hard but it's worth a try.

bnm

Post Mon, Apr 11 2011, 9:29 pm
take him to the dr

yo'ma

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 10:52 am
Thanks for the replies. I brought him to the doctor this morning and the only thing wrong with him is a red throat, nothing more. It could be why he's not sleeping well at night, but it doesn't seem likely. He isn't eating that well because of it, so he might be hungry. I can't force him to eat if he doesn't want to, so I'll see tonight how he'll sleep. Thanks again.

Mamish Mama, what's the difference how long I let him cry for?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics