Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Nutramigen Baby Formula

songbird

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 8:34 am
I've recently started using this as my baby is allergic to milk and soy based formulas. He weighs 14.5 pounds and was eating a good 5-6 ounces per feeding. Now he's been eating much slower and only eating 4 ounces. Is this normal? I'm less concerned now because b"H he just had a huge, regular, dirty diaper...Does anybody here use this? And where can I get it cheapest? Must call my insurance company...

bnm

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 10:26 am
songbird wrote:
I've recently started using this as my baby is allergic to milk and soy based formulas. He weighs 14.5 pounds and was eating a good 5-6 ounces per feeding. Now he's been eating much slower and only eating 4 ounces. Is this normal? I'm less concerned now because b"H he just had a huge, regular, dirty diaper...Does anybody here use this? And where can I get it cheapest? Must call my insurance company...

ask the dr for a prescription.

nutramigen pampers (and formula) are looser and smellier than regular, the food is already predigested.

eating slower- it doesn't really taste as good as the rest of the formulas, when we switched my daughter to something else after a full year of Nutramigen she started drinking more. try putting in vanilla syrup or giving smaller bottles more often.

songbird

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 11:15 am
What about the other alternative? Alimentin or something like that? Does that taste better? His diapers actually are the proper consistency and color for a bottle fed baby B"H!

bnm

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 11:23 am
songbird wrote:
What about the other alternative? Alimentin or something like that? Does that taste better? His diapers actually are the proper consistency and color for a bottle fed baby B"H!

I was told Alimentum is the same thing, just a different company. I never really tasted it or smelled it to know the difference.

mommee

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 12:00 pm
I don't really know the exact (if there are any beyond just a different manufacturer) differences between alimentum and nutramigen, but if you're interested, I have an entire can of nutramigen-minus 5 scoops-that you can take from me. My baby was switched onto it to avoid soy formulas, but he's now using a different formula, so I have an entire extra can. These formulas are expensive! I was reading on one of their websites that some states have laws that say insurance is supposed to reimburse for it...

songbird

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 1:03 am
Thank you for the offer Mommee but I don't want to give away my identity :-) anybody know where I can pick some up in Lakewood? Got here tonight and realized I only have enough for three more bottles! I was told Shop Rite doesn't have. TIA.

bnm

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 1:44 am
songbird wrote:
Thank you for the offer Mommee but I don't want to give away my identity :-) anybody know where I can pick some up in Lakewood? Got here tonight and realized I only have enough for three more bottles! I was told Shop Rite doesn't have. TIA.

any pharmacy should have some. do they have a rite aid or walmart or something? they can order it for you if they don't have it in stock.

songbird

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 2:00 am
Thank you but I am obviously looking for specifics- I need it in a few hours!

bnm

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 2:03 am
songbird wrote:
Thank you but I am obviously looking for specifics- I need it in a few hours!

so call all these places before you go. I'm not from Lakewood but Shoprite in the Catskills always had some in a locked case....

or post a new topic, att lakewood moms, need nutramigen! might get more attention! maybe they have a formula gemach?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics