Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Blintz help

nicole81

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 8:25 pm
I want to make a big batch of cheese blintzes and keep them in the freezer so I can take them out as needed, as well as serve for lunch on the second days.

I've never froze them before. should I just make the crepes, fill, and freeze?

then what do I do when I want to make them? defrost them and then fry? or can I fry them frozen? will they taste ok? I'm not a big food freezer.

nylon

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 8:31 pm
I find them easier to fry defrosted. Frying from frozen tends to result in burnt outsides and frozen middles. I do know people who fry from frozen but I don't know their secret!

Fry the crepes, fill them, then put them in a single layer in Ziplocs and freeze them flat. My mother used to try to separate them with waxed paper and it was a disaster.

I've always made blintzes in big batches and frozen them, and they've always tasted just fine defrosted. The Passover crepes might be a little more fragile, but should work just fine (I've frozen cornstarch crepes successfully, so I assume that Passover crepes will behave similarly).

nicole81

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 8:33 pm
thanks nylon!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics