Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Can I make a small brithday party on sfira?

EMmom

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 1:29 pm
My son's 4th birthday was over Pesach and I was thinking of making it next sunday (which is still a week before lag baomer). There will be about 10 kids and 12 adults and no music but there will be lunch and a couple activities.

Is there any problem with having such a birthday party during sfira?

baskrox

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 2:53 pm
I don't know the halacha and I never thought it would be a problem. My bday is in May and 2 sons in April - We're always doing these parties during sefira. Can't say for sure though that it's okay.

Isramom8

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 2:57 pm
I'd do it without music. We did two bar mitzvahs that way during sefira - one had a slide show with a capella music, and no one complained (in Bnei Brak).

One dd's birthday is in the Nine Days, and we postpone our family party till after Tisha B'Av.

cute mommy

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 3:06 pm
I have the same issue my daughter was born 4 days b4 pesach. so we do alittle family thing during pesach, and then for friends after, she turned 5. till now I would go o her class, and have a small corny party in the classroom . this year I wanted to invite all her girl friends and make it in the back yard, but didnt know if to do during sefira. I see her friend is having one on lag baomer itself. if I wait for the week of after lag baomer its like a month and a half after her 5th birthday, is that weird to do?

grin

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 6:25 pm
no music, thats all AFAIK.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions