Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Dairy products for infants

amother

Post Thu, May 05 2011, 12:16 pm
my baby is 7.5 months can I give her yogurts, dairy products...
is it an allergic item?

how do I post it in a certain section?

Yippie

Post Thu, May 05 2011, 12:20 pm
diary products could be an allergic item to some babies. first start with yogurt, and see how he reacts to it. all other dairy products you dont usually give before the child is 1 year.

as to where to post- go to the infant section and make a new topic

shanie5

Post Thu, May 05 2011, 1:07 pm
Yippie wrote:
diary products could be an allergic item to some babies. first start with yogurt, and see how he reacts to it. all other dairy products you dont usually give before the child is 1 year.

as to where to post- go to the infant section and make a new topic

actually, my sons allergist said they are changing their thoughts on this. Its now better to give foods earlier as they are finding that the more people wait to give things to their kids, the more allergies are showing up.

ewa-jo

Post Thu, May 05 2011, 1:28 pm
Unless you have a family history of milk allergies, you should be fine starting dairy. I've also heard the thing about starting on foods early. Also, I live in Israel, so my kids davka get bamba at 6 months old.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 05 2011, 1:35 pm
It is best to wait 12 months. But I have heard of pediatricians who allow a trial at 9 months.
I suggest you call your child's doctor.

spring13

Post Sun, May 08 2011, 2:02 am
I was told by our pediatrician that by 7.5 months, dairy is fine; yogurt was the only solid my DD would eat for a while arounf then.

the reason you might hear to hold off on dairy, aside from a suspected allergy, is that people are afraid that stupid parents will begin to substitute cow's milk for breast milk or formula, which is not ok until a year. but they're not as worried that people will think yogurt can replace BM or formula, so you'll be more likely to hear that yogurt and cheese are ok.

go for a whole milk yogurt - yobaby is good, or you can add a little pureed fruit to plain yogurt for flavor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics