Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Shutterfly vs. Snapfish

Sherri

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 9:54 am
What do you find are the pros and cons to each?

Please include your opinions about the prices, printing quality, cards and photo books, and anything else I may find helpful. TIA

kitov

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 10:00 am
I never tried shutterfly, but I did try kodak online, walmart and the local stores. Snapfish beat them all when it boiled down to quality, paper quality and price.

Nuts

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 10:10 am
Shutterfly is better quality and a bit more expensive. Snapfish sometimes doesn't have the best quality.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 10:20 am
For photo developing - neither.
Photo books - Shutterfly.

june21

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 11:24 am
shutterfly is more expensive.
snapfish has lots of special offers, but their print quality is terrible

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 11:30 am
You can get GREAT coupons for shutterfly. And they're stackable.

Check out photoworks. I made one book with them and it was beautiful.

sky

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 11:32 am
Shutterfly has a great picture sharing setup - I love how it works and use it share pictures, movies, etc with my family and friends who live far away.
The pictures books are also nicer than snapfish.
It is more expensive But the quality is better and I'm always getting deals so I rarley pay for pictures, plus many times when I add pictures to my share site I get additional free pictures. I've even gotten 3 FREE hard cover books from them in the past 4 years.

(Thats interesting about snapfish quality, I thought it was just my experience)

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 11:34 am
Shutterfly photos are very bad quality in my opinion.

I go for Adorama to develop photos. You can wait for their sale to print a stack.

su7kids

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 11:44 am
About 3 years ago I did an experiment. I took one photo and sent it to 4 different places for pritning, and shutterfly was the most REAL color. I wasn't looking at price.

I have also made a few books through Shutterfly and some through Snapfish -- got more deals with Shutterfly than Snapfish.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 11:46 am
su7kids wrote:
About 3 years ago I did an experiment. I took one photo and sent it to 4 different places for pritning, and shutterfly was the most REAL color. I wasn't looking at price.

I have also made a few books through Shutterfly and some through Snapfish -- got more deals with Shutterfly than Snapfish.

Then shutterfly was the best of the worst. Lol. I've done developing in many many places and the quality paper that shutterfly uses for photo printing is also mediocre.

Costco does beautiful enlargements, but not regular size photos.

Basimcha

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 11:47 am
life'sgreat wrote:

I go for Adorama to develop photos. You can wait for their sale to print a stack.

Is the quality of the prints better by Adorama vs Snapfish?

su7kids

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 11:49 am
life'sgreat wrote:

Costco does beautiful enlargements, but not regular size photos.

I recently had a picture done at Costco and the colors were SOOOOOO off. Had the same picture done with Shutterfly and it was awesome.

It was a giraffe and a peacock, so the colors were important.

Skippy!!

I had better experience with Snapfish.

life'sgreat

Basimcha wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:

Is the quality of the prints better by Adorama vs Snapfish?

Snapfish is IMO even worse than Shutterfly. Adorama (admittedly, I last printed a very large batch about 3 years ago, so can't vouch for their paper quality now) had awesome color and thick paper.

kayausa

Post Mon, May 09 2011, 11:52 am
there is a new place that is a remake of one of the bigger companies called printempictures.com
they are owned by jews so I try to patronize them as the quality and the products are the same. seems like soon they will be having frum purim cards and upsherin invitations etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art