Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Affordable suites/apartment for vacationing in Manhattan??

Capitalchick

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 8:06 am
I didn't know whether to post this here or in the vacationing section....

We're taking our two very small children to a wedding in NY this August. We'd like to make a little trip out of it and stay for 5 nights. Ideally we'd like to be in Manhattan, as we stayed in Crown Heights last time and felt that the daily trek into Manhattan was really exhausting.

Does anyone know of any hotels or private apartment rentals with 1 (or more) bedrooms and a kitchenette that we could rent?

We'd like to spent no more than $200/night (I know, it's tough!), although we might be willing to spend a little bit more for the perfect place.

The dates are August 11 - August 16.

JustPlainMe

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 10:10 am
Are you looking for a Yiddish place in specific or any hotel is fine?
Also please specify in which area you want to stay, I think that makes a difference in price.

Dini20

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 10:15 am
Why don't you go on priceline.com or one of the other sites that have cheap hotel rates?

Capitalchick

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 10:41 am
Any hotel would be fine. The criteria we're looking for are as follows:

1) At least one bedroom
2) In one of the following areas: Midtown, Upper West Side, Upper East side, Chelsea/SoHo/Tribeca or in that general vicinity.

shnitzel

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 11:07 am
I think bangitout sometimes has people putting up their apartment for rent in the summer. You aren't going to find a hotel for that price unless you want a room that fits a single bed and a shared bathroom with all the other residents in the hotel.

manyhats

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 11:13 am
Plese PM me.

Perhaps you and your childrn wld consider being my guests in a bungalow colony in upstate NY. Frum, mixed crown. Acccepting casual crowd.. Some seperate swim hours. Some cover. Some don't. Shabbos shiurim , for men. Very nice day camp for kids.

We could eat out and make it a true vacation for all.

How about it?

Bracha

Capitalchick

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 11:35 am
manyhats wrote:
Plese PM me.

Perhaps you and your childrn wld consider being my guests in a bungalow colony in upstate NY. Frum, mixed crown. Acccepting casual crowd.. Some seperate swim hours. Some cover. Some don't. Shabbos shiurim , for men. Very nice day camp for kids.

We could eat out and make it a true vacation for all.

How about it?

Bracha

Thank you for the kind offer, but the reason we're looking in NYC is because we're attending a wedding and the other functions/meals surrounding the wedding, and need to be in the vicinity.
But sounds like you have a lovely vacation place.
Be well!

manyhats

Post Thu, May 19 2011, 12:15 am
Cc,

Phew, that was a close call! Very Happy

Bracha

emmasence

Post Thu, May 19 2011, 4:29 pm
Why not try a site like airbnb? The idea is to connect people looking for places to stay with people who have places available. I have a friend who rents her place out through there any time she's out of town.
http://www.airbnb.com/new-york-city
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries