Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
No one cares about my carpets

amother

Post Fri, May 27 2011, 9:54 am
I posted yesterday asking how people clean up their carpets from accidents during toilet training. I was sure that someone would answer. After all, I cant be the only person living in an apartment with wall-to-wall carpeting, right?

Please. Save my carpets. Give me some advice.

yOungM0mmy

Post Fri, May 27 2011, 10:11 am
With all due respect, you sound slightly melodramatic, but here goes...
I used a spray called Vanish Carpet Cleaner, which foams and then you wipe, and febreeze if necessary. Also, do you really have wall-to-wall carpeting? What about in your kitchen? We hung out more in the non-carpeted area for a while.
And when the whole process is done, you can get your carpets professionally cleaned.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, May 27 2011, 10:12 am
I can't care about yours if you see what mine look like Smile

(Ours stains if a drop of water spills. It's disgusting looking.)

They make carpet cleaner...you can get that and a brush and just brush away. That's usually what pet owners do.

(I saw your thread title, but it was in cleaning and I had no idea it was for toilet training.)

To be honest, what I did with my boys was work in the kitchen when they were diaperless (I was working full time, so we were really only home in the evenings, not the whole day) so accidents were a lot easier to clean up.
Also, some parents let their kids spend a lot of time outdoors (summer is perfect) for this reason when toilet training as long as it's fast enough to go back inside.

VeryBusyMom

Post Fri, May 27 2011, 10:17 am
I have a lot of wall to wall carpeting too. I found it worthwhile to buy a machine carpet cleaner to clean up after accidents/ throw-up, and I clean the house top to bottom every couple of years too. I have found that it has saved me a lot of money not having to hire a professional. It also comes in handy for things like the time my kids colored all over their entire bedroom carpet, there would've been no way for me to get that out myself without it.

This is the one I got and I'm happy with it: http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-S.....r=8-1
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training