Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Snap 'n Go vs Stroller with a car seat

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 1:17 pm
I've seen many ppl that use a snap n go for the first months instead of a regular stroller. But I will have to buy a reg stroller anyways, for shabbos use and when baby outgrows snap n go. The primary strollers that I saw that come with car seats are Graco. So do I get a snap n go and a regular stroller, anyone that I like, or do I just buy a graco that comes with a car seat? Is a snap n go really even worth it for just a few months?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 1:29 pm
I used a snap'n'go for the first time with my youngest DD (now 3). I got it free - a friend of mine babysits, and one of her clients was done with hers and asked if she knows someone who could use it.

I absolutely loved it! It was such a breeze, that I barely used the new Maclaren that my mother bought me as a baby gift, for the first few months. It closed up so nicely in the trunk, and so easy to open and just pop the car seat on top, it wheeled great, etc....

hop613

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 2:04 pm
it depends what kind of stroller you want for later on. If you want a stroller that the carseat can fit into, it kind of limits your options, although a lot more stroller these days have adaptors that let you put in a carseat. I have an all terrain stroller that takes a carseat and a snap n go. I was also debating whether or not to get a snap n go, but it was totally worth it. In the first few months, when you're exhausted and just need to run a quick errand, its so much easier to just use the snap n go. (my snap n go lives in my car). My other stroller reclines flat, and I used that for walks and on shabbos.

cc

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 4:46 pm
Why do you need a seperate stroller for shabbos? I use my snap and go all the time. My baby is eleven months and he's still using it. I have the new maclaren frame that takes any brand car seat.

cm

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 5:50 pm
To be honest, we're long past the stroller phase so I don't know how big the new strollers are, but I LOVED my snap n go! In the suburbs, in and out of the car all the time, it made taking the baby around soooo much easier. The snap n go frame is so light and easy to use, unlike a regular stroller. I could easily shlep it up and down stairs, if needed. The big stroller has its uses, and we probably used it until age four for walking trips, but if you go on errands in the suburbs with a baby, the snap n go is the way to go.

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 11:57 pm
I have the kolcraft snap and go, which is by far the best of them. the angle of the carseat bar is in away that the carseat does not block the whole basket, so its a huge easily accessible basket. It also has a parent tray, which I LOVE! its very easy in and out of the car.

I also have a graco stroller that takes my carseat, travel systems are big and bulky, when the seat is on the carriage, the basket is not accessible. So to me, its a total waste of storage space (I'm the kind of person who always has "stuff" with me, I really need places for it all to go)

The nice part of the travel system is that when the baby is 9-12 months, and unhappy in the carseat position and wants a bit more freedom, and ability to sit, you have the stroller, and if by chance the baby falls asleep in the car and needs the nap, you just pop out the carseat.

My kids tend to hate the carseat, so I like to have both options available, I keep my single and my snap and go in the car.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics