Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
BEST most AMAZING chicken recipe thread!
Previous  1  2  3

ra_mom

Post Sat, May 14 2011, 8:36 pm
kokoshpro wrote:
Gardengirl - I'm not sure which order to dip the chicken in, either egg or flour first, I think I did it both ways and worked out fine either way. Also, I think I once just did it in flour and no egg and it was great too!

ra-mom - You place the raw chicken on top of the veggies and bake it all together
Just noticed your question now.
I like to place the vegetables around the chicken pieces, everything in one layer.

JayZsims

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 8:58 pm
Kokoshpro, I think that was the most amazing chicken I have ever made! I am always skeptical about trying new recipes because half the time they flop and I feel like I have wasted time and effort and this was so worth it. Thank you so much!

May

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 3:00 pm
JayZsims wrote:
Kokoshpro, I think that was the most amazing chicken I have ever made! I am always skeptical about trying new recipes because half the time they flop and I feel like I have wasted time and effort and this was so worth it. Thank you so much!

I want to make this for a Shavous meal, but I don't want to serve it over rice. Do you think it would be fine served alone?

JayZsims

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 3:36 pm
I think so. The rice just helps because it is a little bit saucy. The chicken by itself is fantastic.

May

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 6:17 pm
JayZsims wrote:
I think so. The rice just helps because it is a little bit saucy. The chicken by itself is fantastic.

Thanks, I can't wait to try it. One more question, do you think it is too 'vegetablely' to serve to a bunch of guys? (I am also serving meat).

JayZsims

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 6:40 pm
I don't think so. You can choose to use whichever vegetables you want. I used peppers, onions, zucchini, garlic and mushrooms. I also think many boys do like vegetables, especially ones that are cooked in a sauce. Either way, they can just eat the chicken and not take the vegetables.

Blue12

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 9:19 am
I can't eat sugar (honey, ketchup, brown sugar, duck sauce, etc) therefore I am always hunting for good chicken recipes that don't call for any of those.
Any recipes? I can't be the only one who doesn't eat sugar!
Thanks!

ray family

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 10:26 am
Blue12 wrote:
I can't eat sugar (honey, ketchup, brown sugar, duck sauce, etc) therefore I am always hunting for good chicken recipes that don't call for any of those.
Any recipes? I can't be the only one who doesn't eat sugar!
Thanks!

in a food processor blend parsley, coriander, scallions, a clove or two (or more if you like) w/ some olive oil, paprika, cumin and maybe some tumeric if you like
I like to marinate the chicken in it and then broil but I've also baked it (both w/ chicken on and off the bone) and it's delicious

saute lots of onions, until nearly translucent add carrot sticks and saute a few more min remove from pot
brown the chicken on both sides
pour some uncooked rice over
put onions on top
just cover w/ water ( I like to add some salt and onion soup mix to the water)
cook on a med low flame until done

you can make to above w/ just chicken and rice.
opt. add some potatoes and some black pepper and paprika if you like

place chicken 1 c dry red wine 1 1/2 c. diced tomatoes ( I use tomato paste bec. I dont like tomatoes) sliced portobello mushrooms ( I use whatever I can find in Israel) 1 lg onion sliced/chopped/ wedges-however you'd like- to a pot bring to a boil lower heat and cook about 45 min until done add some basil and pepper cook 12 min more- serve w/ rice or noodles

olive lemon chicken
bring chicken , an onion, 3/4 can pitted olives- rinsed well, some tumeric, saffron and water to cover to a boil. lower heat cook for about an hr. add some lemon juice some fresh chopped parsley and cilantro cook for another 10 min.
I've had the above w/ some tomato paste added to the recipe

lemon garlic chicken
make shnitzel as usual
make a lemon sauce by sauteing garlic add some lemon juice then add some cornstarch that's been disolved in water. bring to a boil. pour over chicken.

stuff a whole chicken w/ sliced lemons rub the skin w/ some rosemary- bake

stuff a whole chicken w/ cooked wild rice that been made in a chicken broth

make a less watery version of chicken soup- meaning all the veg you would normally use, w/ cubed pieces of chicken breast (instead of whatever chicken you normally use in your soup)- serve w/ rice, noodles or couscous.

coat chicken w/ spiced mayo dip into cornflake crumbs- bake

Blue12

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 10:55 am
Thanks so much!!!
any more, anyone?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 6:06 pm
Blue12 wrote:
Thanks so much!!!
any more, anyone?
Here are some more.
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....asted

SV

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 3:41 pm
JayZsims wrote:

I made this for supper tonight and I agree that it's amazing! And really easy. And like kokoshpro says you can use any vegetables. I used onion, mushroom and zucchini (unpeeled). I served it over plain rice. The whole thing (prep time) probably took 15-20 minutes and it was the best dinner. Thanks!

kokoshpro wrote:
This is an AWESOME Chinese chicken recipe that is SO EASY, no frying, all in one pot! You've got to try it, anyone who eats it loves it, it tastes straight out of a restaurant.

2 chicken breasts cut into small pieces
coated in flour and then egg

1 onion cubed
1 pepper cubed
1 can / some fresh mushrooms
(these are the veggies I use but u can really use anything you have in the house)

Place the veggies in a pan, sprinkle salt and pepper and drizzle some oil over them. Bake for a half an hour covered at 350. (the reason why I bake the veggies first is b/c I don't like them crunchy, if you don't mind them a bit underdone you can bake everything at once for just 40 mins.)

Take veggies out of the oven and put chicken on top, then pour this mixture on top of everything:
1/2 c oil
1/2 c soy sauce
1/2 c brown sugar

Bake covered for another 40 mins and serve over rice.
Enjoy!!

Bella:D

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 4:37 pm
http://www.handletheheat.com/2......html

This recipe is amazing!

lollygirl

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 5:26 pm
SV wrote:
JayZsims wrote:

I made this for supper tonight and I agree that it's amazing! And really easy. And like kokoshpro says you can use any vegetables. I used onion, mushroom and zucchini (unpeeled). I served it over plain rice. The whole thing (prep time) probably took 15-20 minutes and it was the best dinner. Thanks!

kokoshpro wrote:
This is an AWESOME Chinese chicken recipe that is SO EASY, no frying, all in one pot! You've got to try it, anyone who eats it loves it, it tastes straight out of a restaurant.

2 chicken breasts cut into small pieces
coated in flour and then egg

1 onion cubed
1 pepper cubed
1 can / some fresh mushrooms
(these are the veggies I use but u can really use anything you have in the house)

Place the veggies in a pan, sprinkle salt and pepper and drizzle some oil over them. Bake for a half an hour covered at 350. (the reason why I bake the veggies first is b/c I don't like them crunchy, if you don't mind them a bit underdone you can bake everything at once for just 40 mins.)

Take veggies out of the oven and put chicken on top, then pour this mixture on top of everything:
1/2 c oil
1/2 c soy sauce
1/2 c brown sugar

Bake covered for another 40 mins and serve over rice.
Enjoy!!

I'd like to try this! Did you egg then flour or flour then egg?

SV

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 5:50 pm
I meant to follow the recipe and do flour then egg, but my mind was elsewhere and I automatically did egg then flour (the way I normally do chicken nuggets/shnitzel). I am sure it's delicious both ways.

runninglate

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 6:06 pm
I made kokoshpros chinese chicken tonight and it was great. The best part was no dirty pots. Thanks!

Rosemarie

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 8:55 pm
My latest version of sesame nuggets-heavenly good and couldn't be simpler:

cut chicken cutlets into nuggets
coat chicken nuggets in flour and place the in a pan (shake them in a bag with some flour for less mess, discard the bag and no cleanup necessary!)

Sauce:
5 Tablespoon ketchup
2 Tabespoon oil
2 Tablespoon vinegar
1 Tablespoon mayo
1 cup brown sugar

mix sauce and pour over nuggets. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake covered for 1 hour.

That's it! Couldn't be easier! Make sure to make plenty, I can't keep myself from sampling some while serving the kids and my husband always wants doubles, it's that good!

fiddle

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 9:43 pm
my blog has a TON of chicken recipes. There's a Chicken tab on the top, Enjoy!

http://fiddlinginthekitchen.blogspot.com/#

willow

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 2:43 am
Fiddle I love your food blog
Everyone else,
great thread thank you all for sharing

Capitalchick

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 4:24 pm
Bella:D wrote:
http://www.handletheheat.com/2010/09/weeknight-cooking-spicy-honey-brushed.html

This recipe is amazing!

Just made this for dinner. FABULOUS and easy!! Didn't even measure any ingredients. Just eyeballed it all. yummy!!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey