Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
WEIGHT WATCHERS
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

stem

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 3:35 pm
I know so many people who've lost weight on this diet that I decided to finally sign up. I went to a free meeting and now I'm inspired. Anyone else on weight watchers? Maybe we could have an imamother support group.

Marion

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 3:56 pm
I'm a lifetime member (achieved goal) who has seriously fallen off the wagon. I signed up for the online one for 3 months, but I'm not going to renew...I'm not finding it too helpful right now.

melalyse

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 9:20 pm
I have been on weight watchers for 15 years (I'm only 28). I am a lifetime member. I love it and it really works (when you follow it). I have about 10 pounds to lose after my baby (who is already 10.5 months)but I have no time to go to meetings.

nicole81

Post Mon, Sep 04 2006, 1:09 am
I just started back on it 2.5 weeks ago and lost 7 lbs aready. but I have about 80 to lose. I had success with it before my babies.

alex

Post Mon, Sep 04 2006, 2:33 am
I sighned 2 month ago and I lost already 5 kilos without being hungry!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Sep 04 2006, 12:28 pm
I've done it on my own while nursing.
After my first baby was born, I lost the baby weight PLUS what I should have lose before I got married. Wink
So the 2nd pregnancy started at a lower weight, but I still needed to lose weight after all my cravings during and after pregnancy.
Now I'm back at a decent weight, but I might go back on it if I see I start gaining back (I'm at the maximum I want to be).
good luck!!

ceo

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 3:50 pm
I just joined WW about two weeks ago. I am B"h, doing really well on it. I have about 15 lbs. to lose.

Honestly, I find the meetings to be BORING. but the leaders and weigh in is encouraging. I signed up for the monthly pass, which includes e-tools. It's cool, you type in a recipe, and it tells you how many points each serving is. a "

Boys"R"Us

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 9:53 pm
Marion wrote:
I'm a lifetime member (achieved goal) who has seriously fallen off the wagon... .

Same here. I lost 60lb a few years ago and have been able to keep it off within 10lb. Now I am up about 15lb, I have started going back to the classes. It is a great program... Good luck with it. If you have any questions, PM me!

stem

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 10:46 pm
Today was my first day on WW and I have to admit, it wasn't easy. I guess partly because I used up almost all my points by 12P. I'm sticking to it though. I'm inspired by all the success stories.

nicole81

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 10:54 pm
lol, if I didn't have the nursing points, I don't know what I'd do. I told dh I'm going to nurse as long as possible because I don't see any other way of me getting to goal!

ceo

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 2:22 am
it makes it easier if you try to plan in advance for the day. My first few days on the program were hard, because I used up so many points so early in the day, but it gets easier! keep it up!

non-conformist

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 2:27 am
It's working very well for me... (-8 kg , tons of compliments from everybody ;-) )
What helped me was the point system, somehow fitted exactly my needs and personality. the meetings.... well.... I didn't click really, did not give me the motivation or support I expected, (the main discussion topic was recipes, it's not my cup of tea) - but the beginning was helpful, answered a lot of my questions...
I definitely recommend!!!!!

stem

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 9:31 am
I'm going to a meeting tonight, the leader is SO good, she's very entertaining and inspiring at the same time. I'm on Day 2!

nicole81

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 11:41 am
I weighed in this morning and lost another 1.5 lbs.

ceo

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 12:38 pm
whoo-hoo! everyone is doing such a good job.

On another forum, , we've started a WW challenge. Everyone who is participating is putting a small amount (like $5) into a "pot." At the end of 12 weeks, There are going to be 3 winners from the pot, dividing up the money, based on how much you lost!

nicole81

Post Wed, Sep 13 2006, 12:36 pm
WI today, lost 2 more lbs!

What is everyone doing over yomtov? I think I'm going to try to keep a mental track of everything but not stress it too much and just try to stay away from breads and cakes.

chen

Post Wed, Sep 13 2006, 1:45 pm
You can bank points during the week to spend on YT. In plain English, for those who do not speak WWese: Eat less during the week so that you can afford to indulge a bit (just a bit, mind you) on YT. Fortunately this year YT coincides with Shabbos so we don't have THREE indulgent days to prepare for.

Flowerchild

Post Wed, Sep 13 2006, 2:05 pm
how much do you pay if you dont to the meetings and do it online, is it expensive? does it matter how much I need to lose like even if lets say its 10 pounds?

nicole81

Post Wed, Sep 13 2006, 2:09 pm
they don't have the banking system anymore, but you do get 35 "flex" points to use any time during the week. I'll try to save them but I'm sure I will lose track after trying to keep a mental score after 3 days.

stem

Post Wed, Sep 13 2006, 7:58 pm
I LOST 3 POUNDS!!! I'm so excited, it was my first week, and now I see that it really works.

About yom tov, I just bought a weight watchers counting bracelet. It has beads on it with a charm that you move over as you use them. I'm planning on using it over shabbos and all the yomim tovim coming up! Keep it up everyone!

Last edited by stem on Wed, Sep 13 2006, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise