Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
How to make a sheitel more comfy

wifee

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 11:22 pm
Does anyone have any tips on how to make a sheitel for more comfy if you have really thick frizzy hair? I don't want to cut it really short but it is so uncomfortable to wear my sheitel b/c my hair pops up so much.

Thanks!

VeryBusyMom

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 11:31 pm
You could try thinning it with thinning shears - but I can't vouch that it will work. I also have thick frizzy hair, and I did that, though I don't know if it helped, cuz I cut my hair at the same time, so it was hard to tell. Also, I keep it in a pony, really low, then push half the pony up one side, and half up the other. Works well for me, but mine is not really long.

lakewooder

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 12:54 am
regardless of what kind of hair using the new headbands underneath really help. Basically it is a headband that is made of material that holds the shaitel to your head without clips and makes it so much more comfortable. I know japwigs and milano and many sheitel machers sell them. I have wavy hair that is not difficult but found the switch to the headband instead of clips to make a huge difference in comfort

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 1:19 am
They sell hair caps/nets to wear under sheitels. Keeps hair in place.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 2:06 am
lakewooder wrote:
regardless of what kind of hair using the new headbands underneath really help. Basically it is a headband that is made of material that holds the shaitel to your head without clips and makes it so much more comfortable. I know japwigs and milano and many sheitel machers sell them. I have wavy hair that is not difficult but found the switch to the headband instead of clips to make a huge difference in comfort

THIS, x 1,000! The wig grip band is the greatest invention, EVER.

cityofgold

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 3:21 am
I also love my wig grip. But I also prefer my thinner shaitel to my thicker one. If you can't do anything to the hair underneath, at least the hair on top should be lighter.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 10:21 am
You chose a sort of roundabout title for this thread. You aren't focusing on the sheital at all, what you're asking about is the h air under the sheital.

gr8erthanme

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 10:57 am
I personally, found the wig-grip too tight and uncomfrotable. I saw a woman with the wig cap - it looked like a bathing cap made from a knee-hi stocking. She had a LOT of frizzy wiry hair. She just pulled this bathing cap/knee-hi on over it and her har was smooth and flat - no clips, nothing sticking out and totally breathable.

The one an only advantage of yucky thin straight hair - I was happy to cover it up, and it is so easy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics