Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
In need of a job!!!!!

I_am_happier

Post Fri, Jul 29 2011, 12:47 pm
I need a job desperately. I had a job and got laid off because they were downsizing... I only worked there 3 weeks so I'm really upset about it. I was like why'd you hire me in the first place.... Anyhow I have experience working in doctor's office, and with children. I'll basically take anything by now but I would prefer a teacher assistant job or a job in the medical field. If anyone know of anything please let me know cuz I'm desperate..... Thank you

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 29 2011, 1:41 pm
There are a lot of places that list jobs. The OU has a job board, there's Cragis List of course, and FB has a lot of listings too. The NY Times jobs have been taken over by monster.com iirc.

spinkles

Post Fri, Jul 29 2011, 2:51 pm
Where do you live, OP?

seeker

Post Fri, Jul 29 2011, 3:05 pm
Another bid for "where do you live?"
The Yated and Hamodia classifieds had a few teacher assistant wanteds in the NY/NJ area.

I_am_happier

Post Fri, Jul 29 2011, 4:59 pm
I live in Brooklyn and am looking for anything I'm desperate!!!!!

seeker

Post Fri, Jul 29 2011, 6:26 pm
Have you tried the classifieds?

I_am_happier

Post Fri, Jul 29 2011, 7:18 pm
Yep I faxed/emailed/called about 10 - 15 places and only one place got back to me.....

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm sooooooooo frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!

DrMom

Post Sat, Jul 30 2011, 2:07 pm
You do realize that the economy isn't great right now, right? 10-15 applications is not a lot. See if anyone in your community can help you with connections. Competition for jobs is very high now.

What are your qualifications? Do you have a degree? In what field? What did you do in the doctor's office in which you worked?

GreenEyes26

Post Sat, Jul 30 2011, 9:23 pm
toy123 wrote:
Yep I faxed/emailed/called about 10 - 15 places and only one place got back to me.....

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm sooooooooo frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was looking for a job for the greater part of 2010, I applied to HUNDREDS of postings. HUNDREDS. I emailed anyone and anything that was remotely related to the field I was in (and, after a few months, even more that weren't related to the field I was in...), I called after them, I re-emailed them. And after all those postings - over the course of 9 or so months - I "only" went on 10 job interviews. From hundreds of applications.

You sound very young and I'm not sure what your skills or qualifications are, but even if you're just looking for some sort of secretarial job in a "hemish" office, jobs are scarce right now and competition is fierce. Calling 10-15 places? A joke. Scour Craigslist, Monster, CareerBuilder, any and every Jewish publication with classifieds, and have no shame about emailing/calling/faxing EVERYONE.

Good luck. It's brutal out there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics