Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
HELP! Sick baby only wants to nurse and I'm fasting!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 11:00 am
My 8 month old also eats solids but doesn't want to today since he is sick (fever, very clingy etc). I had enough milk this morning but I don't think I will have any "extra" especially fasting and all he wants to do is nurse! He doesn't take bottles and I've never given formula. I really would like to give him what he wants especially since I think he is also nursing for comfort but how am I supposed to get us both through the fast??

amother

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 11:02 am
You should call a rav and ask if you should continue fasting since your baby needs you.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 11:04 am
yes please calll a rav
I got a heter in the fast to break my fast because of this

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 11:19 am
I also got a heter for a situation similar to this one on tisha bav. The rav said I was allowed to eat once I noticed that my milk supply was lessening but try to wait until after chatzos.

Mamushka

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 1:06 pm
Break your fast. Your kid depends on you. Don't wait till you don't have milk. It takes time till the supply builds up again.

Laughing Bag!

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 1:24 pm
amother wrote:
You should call a rav and ask if you should continue fasting since your baby needs you.

agree!

IloveHashem613

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 1:28 pm
Just because you are fasting, doesn't mean your baby has to, call a rav immediately and any normal rav would probably tell you to break it....

amother

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 1:54 pm
Rav said to try to give him bottles first. Baby has never had formula but if my supply goes down I guess thats what I will do. It is not fun having a sick baby fasting but on the plus side at least I'm getting lots of snuggles (and hes not getting everywhere).

ElTam

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 2:00 pm
Refuah shleima to your baby. I hope the rest of the day goes as easily as possible.

imaima

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 3:23 pm
amother wrote:
Rav said to try to give him bottles first. Baby has never had formula but if my supply goes down I guess thats what I will do. It is not fun having a sick baby fasting but on the plus side at least I'm getting lots of snuggles (and hes not getting everywhere).

if he has never had formula, sickness is not a right time to start. I would have told that to a rav, because seriously, in this situation it is not a solution!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics