Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Tons of leftover Chicken shnitzel

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 9:44 pm
B"H we had an incredible Bar Mitzvah.

Our caterer kind of over did it on the shnitzel, and we have tons now in the freezer. I attempted to make it into a sweet and sour chicken for shabbos. NO ONE TOUCHED IT!

The kids will not eat it warmed up, and I have NO CLUE what to do with the leftovers, any suggestions??

Might I add that it has taken over my freezer! And I need room for other things!

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 9:58 pm
Chicken salad. Cube it and add in salad with whatever veggies you like and a creamy dressing.
OR
pull apart and cook with bbq sauce. eat in hamburger buns. Seriously heaven!!

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 10:09 pm
Add it to stir-fry.

And don't tell them it's leftovers...

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 10:13 pm
oh and I also have 2 full bags of regular chicken torn into pieces for chicken salad..

All I can say is I think we are chickened out!!

Stir fry if it's already cooked breaded chicken, frozen??

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 10:14 pm
Sure, why not?

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 10:14 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
Add it to stir-fry.

And don't tell them it's leftovers...

I did not tell them it was leftovers.. They ate the chicken salad...b"H

peppermint

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 10:16 pm
where do you live? Is there a food gemach in your neighborhood?

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 10:17 pm
BTW, adding BBQ sauce to the shredded chicken is SO yummy. I make pulled BBQ 'pork' with turkey breast for Shabbat. Serve it in hot dog buns with cole slaw, potato salad, a nice cold beer... mmmmm.

elmos

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 8:24 am
salads, stir fry lomeins are great ideas you can turn itino cacitoe(spelling) basically pepper onion mushroom maybe zuc and tom sauce add the chicken server over pasta or rice or for fun in wraps. chop it and mix it with frzn mixed veg. and add can mushroom soup and place mush into pie crust as pot pie or into dough squares as bourekas or warm with their fav sauce
good luck

CatLady

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 8:32 am
Breaded shniztel can be topped with a mixture of sauteed peppers, onions and mushrooms that are mixed with marinara sauce and then baked. if you have eggplant, bread it, oven-bake it and make stackers alternating the chicken and eggplant, with the marinara mix between each layer and on top. Serve with a side of pasta and a nice salad.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 8:41 am
elmos wrote:
salads, stir fry lomeins are great ideas you can turn itino cacitoe(spelling) basically pepper onion mushroom maybe zuc and tom sauce add the chicken server over pasta or rice or for fun in wraps. chop it and mix it with frzn mixed veg. and add can mushroom soup and place mush into pie crust as pot pie or into dough squares as bourekas or warm with their fav sauce
good luck

You're talking about chicken cacciatore. The way I make it is saute peppers and onions in a pot. In a separate pot make rice. Add the chicken to the peppers and onions (cut it into bite-sized pieces). Add tomato sauce (I make my own with tomato paste, water, minced garlic, black pepper, salt and oregano) and the rice and mix together.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 5:47 pm
Crisp it up in the oven and set up a shnitzel bar like the restaurants. Baguettes, different sauces, lettuce, onions, tomato slices, etc.

mizle10

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 11:58 pm
I love making sweet and sour chicken with leftover schnitzel

willow

Post Fri, Aug 12 2011, 7:36 am
Freeze for future?

bnm

Post Fri, Aug 12 2011, 7:38 am
Mazel Tov! bake the chicken with a sesame chicken sauce
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey