Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Scorch mark on a tablecloth

sped

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 7:02 am
My lovely Shabbos tablecloth got a scorch mark on it. A guest lit tealights on a Correlle plate and one burned through. B"H, this is all that happened, butstill, I would love to get the stain out. Any chance?

zaq

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 9:01 am
Is the tablecloth actually burned through and through so there's a hole? Not much you can do about that except darn it or patch it. if it's just a black mark, try scraping it first with a fingernail to remove the heavy carbon, then apply 3% hydrogen peroxide, which is the stuff in your medicine chest for cuts and scrapes. Rinse off when the scorch is gone or almost gone, as the peroxide is mildly corrosive and will eventually weaken the fabric if not rinsed off promptly. If you have no peroxide, use lemon juice and set the cloth out to dry in the sun.

sped

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 9:05 pm
Thanks a lot. It is not burned through -just has a dark brown spot. I will try as you suggest!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry