Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
What can I make with Ground Turkey?

libramom

Post Fri, Aug 26 2011, 4:42 am
any yummy recipes/ideas?

kb

Post Fri, Aug 26 2011, 6:08 am
Meatballs - I use the same recipe as I use with chopped meat, and it comes out fine!

libramom

Post Fri, Aug 26 2011, 6:18 am
I kinda don't want to "waste"it on that.
I'd like to make s/t special!

Bella:D

Post Fri, Aug 26 2011, 8:09 am
Ground turkey can be used the same way you would use ground beef or veal, you could make shepherds pie, chili, meatballs, tacos etc.

greeneyes

Post Fri, Aug 26 2011, 10:33 am
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....herds

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 26 2011, 11:05 am
For Shabbos night, I often make a delicious chicken ball soup. I'd bet it would work well with turkey.

Basically - I make a soup base (put veggies like carrots, zuchhini, celery, onion, and garlic into pot, along with an herb bag of dill and parsley, add salt and pepper, and water) and bring to a boil.

Then I grate some veggies (again, carrots and zuchini, onion) and add to ground turkey with eggs and bread crumbs, along with salt, sugar, black pepper, and parsley flakes. When soup boils, I drop balls into the soup and cook for an hour.

It's delicious as a one pot dinner. You can also add noodles to the soup.

greeneyes

Post Fri, Aug 26 2011, 11:50 am
Chayalle wrote:
For Shabbos night, I often make a delicious chicken ball soup. I'd bet it would work well with turkey.

Basically - I make a soup base (put veggies like carrots, zuchhini, celery, onion, and garlic into pot, along with an herb bag of dill and parsley, add salt and pepper, and water) and bring to a boil.

Then I grate some veggies (again, carrots and zuchini, onion) and add to ground turkey with eggs and bread crumbs, along with salt, sugar, black pepper, and parsley flakes. When soup boils, I drop balls into the soup and cook for an hour.

It's delicious as a one pot dinner. You can also add noodles to the soup.

This sounds delicious. I hope to try it!

OP, ra_mom, also has a really good recipe for meatball soup with dumplings which I made a few weeks ago with ground turkey, & it was incredible. If you're interested, I can find the recipe.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Aug 28 2011, 1:24 pm
Right. A stove top kugel mixing the turkey with Matzah meal, oil, eggs and herbs might be nice, like a quiche without the crust. You would cover it as it cooks. Or make latkes like that, turning them once.

MMCH

Post Mon, Aug 29 2011, 9:49 am
TACOS!! we have turkey tacos prob once a week. Just add sauteed onions, and the mix, get taco, make some rice, cut up a tomatoe, and voila! supper!

Barbara

Post Mon, Aug 29 2011, 9:52 am
I use ground turkey for stuffed peppers. I can't recall the specific recipe, but I know it uses spices, barley and beer. Let me know if you want me to dig it out tonight. Hmmm. I think I'll make it this week anyway.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Aug 29 2011, 11:16 am
Stuffing, meatballs, shepereds pie, burgers...
I dont use ground meat so imake all these things with ground turkey or chicken.

#1mama

Post Thu, Sep 01 2011, 11:05 pm
can anyone tell me how to do the turkey tacos please?

spring13

Post Thu, Sep 01 2011, 11:26 pm
My mother makes AMAZING meat borekas with ground turkey. Lots of cumin is important!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey