Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to dry pants?

ddsw

Post Fri, Sep 02 2011, 10:13 am
every time I wash my dh's pants I fold and let them hang dry on a line and they are still wet a good day and half later and start to smell. what am I doing wrong? won't they crease if I put them in the dryer?

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Sep 02 2011, 10:17 am
ddsw wrote:
every time I wash my dh's pants I fold and let them hang dry on a line and they are still wet a good day and half later and start to smell. what am I doing wrong? won't they crease if I put them in the dryer?
Do what you are doing, in a room that has an open window or a breeze or in an open area. That usually works for my husband's pants. Maybe the material is a heavier material than normal and just needs more time.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Sep 02 2011, 10:29 am
Are they wool ?

zaq

Post Fri, Sep 02 2011, 10:31 am
Hang them from the bottom by separating the legs and clipping each one separately to the line so that you have only two layers of fabric in any one spot. The way you're doing it. you have four layers of fabric on top of each other on one side and another two right next to them on the other side.

what kind of material are the pants? So long as you take them out of the dryer as soon as they're dry or just a drop before they're fully dry, don't overdry them or dry on a hot setting, or leave them crumpled in the dryer or basket, they will be less wrinkled when machine-dried than when air-dried. The tradeoff is that machine-drying causes more wear and tear and fading, and generates a lot of static.

Bottom line: feel free to machine dry but keep an eye on it, remove as soon as the machine stops, and hang or fold immediately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry