Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Need opinion on this stroller

Do you think the Hauck Malibu Stroller is any good?
yes  
 25%  [ 1 ]
no  
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

skymile

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 12:20 pm
whaddya think?
I want a normal stroller (with a bassinet) without losing my shirt. a friend showed me this but after seeing all those other ones that are so much more expensive, I'm thinking maybe there is a reason it's so cheap (quality wise)

http://www.target.com/p/Hauck-.....29460

punktfarkert

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 12:35 pm
I wouldn't rule out a stroller because it's "too cheap." Definitely try it out! The wheels are a little small than some of the other luxury strollers - will this be an issue for you? Do you need big wheels to tackle rough terrain or snow?

The basket also looks a little small to me.

But the main thing is to try it out and ideally compare it with the other (more expensive) strollers that you're eyeing.

ewa-jo

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 12:43 pm
If you're not opposed to buying used, you may be able to find a high-end stroller for cheap on ebay/craigslist or community online bulletin boards. That's what I've done with all my strollers, since I live in Jerusalem (uneven stone sidewalks, hills) and I know I'm going to be hard on my strollers.

You can search online for reviews of this brand name (I've never heard of it) and see if it holds up to wear and tear.

I have the Peg Perego skate, which is a similar design and I love it... it's been very durable and comfy for my baby. She sleeps in the stroller more than she sleeps in her crib some days.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 1:27 pm
I got a fab strolelr that was really cheap compared to otber ones and its graet!!
I saw the hauck it looks quite good actually. try read reviews online...

skymile

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 1:38 pm
I've read reviews and they are mostly positive (90% or so). the wheels are solid rubber so snow shouldn't be a problem.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 1:42 pm
For that price, you can get a high end stroller new on sale or lightly use on craigslist/ebay. I would go with that option.

skymile

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 2:02 pm
I don't need my stroller to be high end. I need it to be a good value. I wouldn't want a used because the warranty decreases in value. if it's even still valid at all...

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 4:13 pm
I have that in turquoise. I haven't gotten much use out of it (waiting for baby to be born to try out the bassinet, though a friend tried mine with her newborn and liked it) but I'm very pleased with it thus far. the customer service is excellent. I can push my 30 pound daughter in the stroller seat with one hand (I wouldn't do it for a whole block, but it's useful for crossing streets with my other kid present), I can lift the stroller in and out of the car with one hand, and the sunshade is wonderful. I like the basket. it's not as big as graco baskets, and it doesn't collapse, but it's a good shape. things don't fall out of it. I love the adjustable footrest, and all the parts remove very easily for washing/converting from stroller to bassinet/car seat adapter. I like that it comes with a stand for the bassinet, though my husband is worried that the stand is too light and may not be stable enough. I think it'll be fine, and I like the idea of bringing this as a baby bed instead of a heavy pack and play. oh, and the bassinet pad comes with a zipped on fitted sheet, and the boot is very nice.

most of the reviews are positive, but I was nervous about buying it due to the fact that most reviews were written after using it short-term. I asked a friend in germany if she had heard of this model, and she told me the brand is very popular in germany, she sees them all over. they may have changed the model for the US, but I've watched the instructional video (in german Smile ) and there doesn't seem to be any difference aside from the car seat adapter. there they give a matching diaper bag instead.

so I'm one of those people who have had the stroller short term. but I'm writing a good review anyway. I think the design is well thought out, and as far as I'm concerned, it's worth it for the customer service. my frame was slightly damaged in shipping, and the company sent me a new frame and arranged for the old one to be picked up within record time. in fact, anytime I emailed them (it was a few times, to straighten out details) the customer service rep responded within about three hours. I'm used to waiting a business day or two at least.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 4:14 pm
btw, I got mine cheaper from an ebay seller. yes, it was brand new. you may want to look around for a better bargain, $299 is the official price.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 4:38 pm
luv2cook4eva wrote:
I don't need my stroller to be high end. I need it to be a good value. I wouldn't want a used because the warranty decreases in value. if it's even still valid at all...

By high end, I meant high quality. I would spend $300 on a great stroller, but not on a mediocre one. So what I have done is find really good sales on strollers that are known to be reliable, and I think I got more for my money that way. I also bought one that was mostly new on ebay for half price of retail. Many warranties are pretty limited anyway, so I didn't find that to be an issue. Companies that provide good customer service will help you out in any case.

lamplighter

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 4:45 pm
I was thinking about a craigslist used high end stroller for better quality but without a warranty you can get stuck.
A friend of mine bought a stroller on craigslist, used it for a bit and the frame broke. It will cost her 300 to buy a USED frame now.

skymile

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 4:50 pm
thank you SO much for your help!!!

mommy619

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 1:10 am
My sister just got this stroller and they LOVE it! The only thing I would say is the basket is kind of small, but so is the one one the city mini.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics