Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
How bad is it to buy a home w/ non eat in kitchen?
Previous  1  2

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 13 2011, 12:09 pm
You work with what you have. I've lived both ways.

Chavelamomela

Post Tue, Sep 13 2011, 12:14 pm
The fact that it has space for a couple of bar-stools at the counters can make a real difference. That's often all you need for a quick meal w. kids.

If this is the only issue and otherwise you love the house, go for it!

As for resale...would you worry about the kitchen if you sell the house in 15 years? Would you have any plans to renovate between now and then? If not, a new buyer would probably look at the kitchen with their own renovations in mind, since it will be an older kitchen at that point.

Kayza

Post Tue, Sep 13 2011, 8:35 pm
blue eyes wrote:
do you think s/o else will think so too in about ten fiftee years from now? Smile
I know ppl say to buy only standard things somethihng that will sell easily in the future.
has anyone had experience with that?

I think that that's fairly terrible advice, though it's the conventional wisdom. I"YH you are going to live in the house you buy for many years. A living space that meets your needs is more important than the ability to sell it for a good price years from now.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 13 2011, 8:58 pm
I suddenly realized... There is a kitchen table at my parents! But we never ate there, I dont think it would feel nice to me. Hard to explain, maybe cultural. It gives an older feel, or maybe a countryside feel, I really cant explain!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics