Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning help- chicago???

therabash

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 1:13 pm
I am going home to my mother, who was recently in an accident and am looking to bring live in help with me for the month of october (over yamim tovim). Anyone know of a cleaning lady who would be willing to live in for a month for generous pay?

mha3484

Post Thu, Aug 25 2011, 3:19 pm
There are two things that I know of 1) is to call FREE which is the russian chabad shul. They seem to be be a shadchan between employees and employers. 2) there is an agency I think its called loving care and its in the Achenu directory if you have access to one. If not I can look it up when I get home tonight.

Fox

Post Fri, Aug 26 2011, 12:43 pm
I don't know how much job placement FREE does anymore, but definitely give them a call. I found wonderful babysitters and housekeepers through FREE -- lovely Jewish women who became like family! FREE's number is (773)274-5123.

The Loving Care Agency is run by Nechama Moskowitz, and the number is (773) 262-7181. Most of the employees they place are non-Jewish, if that makes a difference.

You might also try calling JobLink, the placement service run by the Chicago Chesed Fund. Though I believe they concentrate somewhat more on white-collar job development, many, many people register with them, and you might find just what you need. Their number is (773)-866-1111.

Another idea might be to contact principals at local girls' high schools. They are often familiar with young women who are back from seminary in Israel and might be interested in a short-term position. Call Mrs. Teller at Hannah Sacks Bais Yaakov (773-866-1111); Mrs. Mannes at Bais Yaakov High School (773-267-1494); and Mrs. Moscowitz at Lubavitch Girls High School (773-743-7716).

Finally, the Refoenu Society of the Chicago Center for Torah and Chesed might know of more options and possible sources for the kind of help you need. Call Mrs. Perman at 773-761-4005.

Hatzlacha!

Bea21

Post Fri, Aug 26 2011, 2:34 pm
There is a frum Russian lady, named Chana Tseitlin, who arranges Russians (both Jewish and non-Jewish) to work in people's homes. I know I got a babysitter through her. Her phone number is 773.465.3569.

therabash

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 6:33 pm
Thank you everyone for your responses!
I am looking for exclusively non- Jewish help.
Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 8:18 pm
therabash wrote:
Thank you everyone for your responses!
I am looking for exclusively non- Jewish help.
Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Did you try Loving Care (Mrs. Moskowitz) mentioned above by Fox? I've gotten lots of non-Jewish cleaning help through her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry