Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Combining dough

chippy

Post Tue, Sep 27 2011, 2:35 pm
I just made challah dough in the bread machine. I wanted to make 2 batches and combine so that I would have enough to take and make the bracha. Right now the dough is in a bowl with a towel over it. Is this a bad idea? Will the dough lose its properties at all? Anyone have experience doing this?

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 27 2011, 3:10 pm
Put Batch #1 in the fridge to slow down the rising while the second batch is being made and punch it down every so often. No prob mixing the batches, just keep punching the first dough down till you combine them and time the rising from when you mix them and put the blended doughs to rise. Assuming you're making batch #2 immediately after Batch #1 and not three days later, nothing bad will happen. In fact, longer rising will only improve the flavor.

chippy

Post Tue, Sep 27 2011, 4:08 pm
Thank you! Just punched it down and placed it in the fridge! Appreciate the help.

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 27 2011, 10:13 pm
Any time. hatzlacha and good Yomtov.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads