Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry

cutegal

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 12:21 pm
Anyone have a good chicken and broccoli stir fry or any good chicken stir fry - maybe with a garlic sauce or something like that. I usually make one with soy sauce, honey, and garlic and Im looking for something different but not too sweet. any ideas would be helpful.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 12:41 pm
Do you specifically want it saucy? Or can a dry stir fry be ok too? (The liquid simmers out.)

cutegal

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 12:51 pm
im open minded - I just want something different and tasty

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 12:56 pm
This is my recipe.

http://cookkosher.com/index.ph.....mid=2

Merrymom

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 2:28 pm
I use soy sauce (don't use La Choy, it tastes horrible and uses a dangerous chemical for the caramel coloring), sesame oil, garlic, ginger, hot peppers, and a little brown sugar. Sorry, I'm not great at giving measurements, I cook by taste.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 2:35 pm
I saute chicken strips with chopped garlic for a couple of minutes. Then add spicy duck sauce and soy sauce, about equal amounts of each. Keep covered til chicken is cooked through, then take off lid and add corn starch to thicken. Add frozen broccoli for last 10 min or so, til cooked but still a bit crisp.

Maya

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 3:02 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
I saute chicken strips with chopped garlic for a couple of minutes. Then add spicy duck sauce and soy sauce, about equal amounts of each. Keep covered til chicken is cooked through, then take off lid and add corn starch to thicken. Add frozen broccoli for last 10 min or so, til cooked but still a bit crisp.

Can something like this be frozen for later use? I'm looking for recipes for chicken strips that I can cook and freeze for after my baby is born.

mammele26

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 3:17 pm
Thanks op, I was looking for an interesting version of chicken stir fry!

Thanks MaBelle, I was looking just for something like what you posted! I know how to make the dry type chicken stir fry, now I wanted something a little more tasty and moist, and didn't know how... I will try your recipe this week, iy"H. It looks very good!

sbs

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 3:23 pm
there was a recipe on this site for a chicken and broccoli where the chicken sat for 1/2 hr. in water and corn starch, and then was stir fried with brocolli,
it tasted exactly like chicken and brocolli from a chinese store
I'm really bad at searches and finding links, but maybe someone else can help out and find it

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 4:35 pm
Maya wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:

Can something like this be frozen for later use? I'm looking for recipes for chicken strips that I can cook and freeze for after my baby is born.

Never tried it, sorry. I don't like the taste of frozen cooked chicken. If you don't mind that in general, I think it would work out ok. I would add the broccoli when heating the second time, not refreeze.

2busy

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 10:32 pm
thanks for the idea sounds yum - perhaps dinner tommoerow

Maya

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 10:40 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Maya wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:

Never tried it, sorry. I don't like the taste of frozen cooked chicken. If you don't mind that in general, I think it would work out ok. I would add the broccoli when heating the second time, not refreeze.

I made this recipe tonight, and it was excellent. Thanks so much.

mammele26

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 10:55 pm
Maya wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:
Maya wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:

I made this recipe tonight, and it was excellent. Thanks so much.

That is so funny... I did too! And it went over very well here too... Thanks, MaBelle!

lovely1

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 10:59 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:

This sounds delicious! I will definitely try it.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 11:41 pm
I'm so happy you all enjoyed it! Very Happy

Aribenj

Post Tue, Jul 12 2011, 9:13 pm
This is my husband and kids favorite meal! And it's SO quick to make!

You cut 1pk of chicken breasts into small bite sized pieces and add salt and pepper. Saute until it turns golden, then turn pieces around.
Add 2 bags of frozen stir ried veggies (defrosted, but not drained)
While chicken and veggies are cooking, mix in a small bowl 1Tbsp corn starch, 2Tbsp red cooking wine (I use sherry) 3Tbsp soy sauce and half a cup of chicken broth.
Add to chicken and vegetables and allow to bubble, all the while mixing chicken with the sauce.
Take off flame. YUM!

I like to add pepper flakes to mine but I do it on my own plate bc my kids won't eat spicy. But it adds a yummy kick!

ozeret

Post Sun, Oct 02 2011, 9:33 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
I'm so happy you all enjoyed it! Very Happy

I just made it for tomorrow's supper and dh is trying to grab some out of the pot Smile

thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey